Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rainbows above the Treeline

I’d give anything in the world to fish with my Dad one more time.

What a wonderful day for you both. Beautiful. 👍

2. Likes MKE, Captain Compassion, LD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post
    It was a win for the day. First thing in the morning I asked her what she wanted to do and the answer was " I don't know". Then 10 minutes later she asked to get on her iPad and I said no way it's way to nice out and if you don't decided in 5 minutes I'll choose what we'll do. Well that went by and I told her to get her hiking stuff on because we're leaving in 30 minutes. It worked we were out the door in 45 minutes.
    Good dads take wins any way they can get them. My 10 year old announced “I don’t really like fishing, but I like being outside”.

We do a lot of “art” and “photography”, slow tubing/trolling, even some “cross country training” and “rock climbing by water”. Little brother gets in some fishing and she has to show him how it’s done.

Truth be known she can drive the boat, run a downrigger, cast a conventional reel, clip in a climbing harness and calls dad out when he doesn’t net a fish head first. Dad say “You’re right honey” and smiles.

Keep up the good fight. Sounds like you’re winning to me.

4. Likes MKE, HeartHarlez, Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Biggest win is having a daughter that’s into hiking and fishing with dad. Congrats on passing it along to the next generation. These will become the good old days. Enjoy every one of them.

Nice fish and report.
    It was a win for the day. First thing in the morning I asked her what she wanted to do and the answer was " I don't know". Then 10 minutes later she asked to get on her iPad and I said no way it's way to nice out and if you don't decided in 5 minutes I'll choose what we'll do. Well that went by and I told her to get her hiking stuff on because we're leaving in 30 minutes. It worked we were out the door in 45 minutes.

6. Likes muledeer12 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Reminds me when we would hike in to a high lake and stay over night and fish two days for "Gold".

We could swim in this lake that always had snow around it, or...............
    hike back down to the parking area and swim in a low lake in a meadow area with snow long gone
    for a little warmer water.

Love the flowers and animals and maybe a "Hummer" along the trail, as we put the miles on.
    Most lake have a rock you can dive off of............. sweet and half the fun.

Catching a fish is a bonus.

Nothing like being young and listening to your teeth chatter, after a long, cold dip in Wild waters.
    Yep this lake almost all ways has snow on the side we fished with the exception of years of drought. Actually the fist thing I did was to put my 2 beers, our waters, and lunch in mother nature's cooler( packed snow) that was right behind us.

Post Thanks / Like

Biggest win is having a daughter that’s into hiking and fishing with dad. Congrats on passing it along to the next generation. These will become the good old days. Enjoy every one of them.

Nice fish and report.

9. Likes PMR#9, MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me when we would hike in to a high lake and stay over night and fish two days for "Gold".

We could swim in this lake that always had snow around it, or...............
    hike back down to the parking area and swim in a low lake in a meadow area with snow long gone
    for a little warmer water.

Love the flowers and animals and maybe a "Hummer" along the trail, as we put the miles on.
    Most lake have a rock you can dive off of............. sweet and half the fun.

Catching a fish is a bonus.

Nothing like being young and listening to your teeth chatter, after a long, cold dip in Wild waters.
    Last edited by Mr Ed; 08-26-2019 at 07:30 AM.

11. Likes Captain Compassion, MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, well done.

13. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you, MKE. I am 72 years old now. My granddaughter used to hike and fish with me in the Eastern Sierras from age 8-16. She is 23 now and a nurse in Salt Lake City. I live in California, so we only see each other now at Thanksgiving, Christmas and/or Easter. But we are very close and always will be. The talking and getting to know one another during the hikes...and then the fishing...they created a real bond between us. She used to fish in pouring rainstorms and not want to quit!

Your relationship with your daughter is going to be really strengthened by these hikes/fishing experiences.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome report and pics. Brings back memories of trout fishing trips with my dad. Thanks for sharing.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

16. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice day... And they look mostly lip hooked so they will swim again. 2 miles at 9000 ft,,, i wish i could !

18. Likes MKE liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast