Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rio - Collins area.. 9-7-19

Quote Originally Posted by radoncraft View Post
    DSA, I'm watching for your big blow up reports.

Out
    I've been on a few. Will post some reports at a later time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsa2780 View Post
    That dredge is making the clarity down there kind of unpredictable. Good fishing, glad you're staying on them. I force fed a few the spoon the other morning, was dropping on random individual marks and actually converted them to biters. Always a satisfying deal.
    DSA, I'm watching for your big blow up reports.

Out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paintguy View Post
    Thank you for the great report. You posted one like this last year which enticed me to take my new boat to the Collinsville area and I was fortunate enough to land a 43" Striper.
    Thank you,

Jerry
    Forty three inches... that's a great stripe. Glad you did well out there.
    I have heard there are stripes in that area, that's why I headed there. I hope this will hold true for a while. DSA was saying the dredges are causing the water to stir up and I think he is right.
    I'll give it another try this weekend. If it does get muddy in there, find areas that are cleaner near that area.

Good fishing.

4. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That dredge is making the clarity down there kind of unpredictable. Good fishing, glad you're staying on them. I force fed a few the spoon the other morning, was dropping on random individual marks and actually converted them to biters. Always a satisfying deal.

6. Likes Katch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radoncraft View Post
    Time to post again. We went out last Saturday and was it a wild ride on the Redding express.
    Launched out of Rio Vista, fished Sandy Beach, we were kept out of much area of the west bank due to all the dredging equipment set up there. We hop scotched our way toward Collinsville. Hooked up some keepers trolling. About half way to Collins, I was marking some fish here and there , not a lot but there were some. After hooking up on one, we turned out like your suppose to. As my brother was bringing it in I started to jig as I usually do when we stop, but jigging was very, very, hard as we were fighting roller waves and high wind. It was hard to stand up at times. About the time he gets it to the boat, I said fish on, and then it was on and on...
    We worked the area, with all this chaos going on with the weather. We finished the day about noon with 20 keepers. Mostly 3 - 6 lb range, but it's all good. I tell you we earned it, not too many people ventured it our way.

Thank you for the great report. You posted one like this last year which enticed me to take my new boat to the Collinsville area and I was fortunate enough to land a 43" Striper.
    Thank you,

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, good luck out there on your next trip and be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katch View Post
    Great report...you've been brave going out in conditions before, I'm glad you guys were rewarded!

Sorry, if I've asked previously but what kind of boat/size are you fishing from? That area gets pretty sketchy sometimes even for decent sized crafts.
    I've got a small 18' center console, it's probably not the best, to be in that kind of conditions, but I'm ok with it. I tell my friends it seems like 80% of the time I go fishing, it's always windy. So, if I wait for the right conditions, I'll hardly ever go fishing.... remember the words." Fish-on.."

I'm hearing more and more reports of stripes, maybe it's starting up.

Good luck out there.

10. Likes burninfuel, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report...you've been brave going out in conditions before, I'm glad you guys were rewarded!

Sorry, if I've asked previously but what kind of boat/size are you fishing from? That area gets pretty sketchy sometimes even for decent sized crafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Rio - Collins area.. 9-7-19

Time to post again. We went out last Saturday and was it a wild ride on the Redding express.
    Launched out of Rio Vista, fished Sandy Beach, we were kept out of much area of the west bank due to all the dredging equipment set up there. We hop scotched our way toward Collinsville. Hooked up some keepers trolling. About half way to Collins, I was marking some fish here and there , not a lot but there were some. After hooking up on one, we turned out like your suppose to. As my brother was bringing it in I started to jig as I usually do when we stop, but jigging was very, very, hard as we were fighting roller waves and high wind. It was hard to stand up at times. About the time he gets it to the boat, I said fish on, and then it was on and on...
    We worked the area, with all this chaos going on with the weather. We finished the day about noon with 20 keepers. Mostly 3 - 6 lb range, but it's all good. I tell you we earned it, not too many people ventured it our way.

13. Likes Katch, Waterdog, RideNfish, Paintguy, dsa2780 liked this post