Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter Knocking on the Door

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    34 degrees here at 5100' Light heavy black clouds all day and rain and thunder storms yesterday.

There go my tomatoes. lol

With all the late and cold storms this spring, you only got 4 months or so of growing. My Mother in-law kept returning her plants to Lowes every few weeks because as soon as she would plant them, a freeze would hit.
    Captain of the Little Liberator.

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter Knocking on the Door

34 degrees here at 5100' Light heavy black clouds all day and rain and thunder storms yesterday.

There go my tomatoes. lol

Catch ya later ... hooks

4. Likes SteelyMan, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Winter Knocking on the Door

It's been getting colder here too. 34 degrees out front of the house (facing north). I am sure we may get a hard freeze before the end of September. No rain or snow right now here in Gardnerville NV....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes SteelyMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Winter Knocking on the Door

Storm door opened up over the weekend with thunder bumpers & lightning. Nice watering for the yard. Another storm came in about 9pm last night pounding on the tin roof of my patio so loud I couldn't hear the TV for about the first 10min. After that it settled to a steady rain until about 3am. Snow was forecasted with this storm on the peaks of the mountains. We went from upper 90's down to low 50's here in the Salt Lake Valley in a matter of a couple of days. More rain forecasted for today but clearing late this afternoon. Temps will be rebounding to upper 80's to 90 before next storm starts walking. As our weather cools more fishermen will be hitting the ponds now that lake temps are dropping.
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

8. Likes Jetspray, wckid, SteelyMan liked this post