Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Helping out a grandson.

My answering message:

Hi can't come to the phone or I don't recognize your number.
    If you want me to call back, leave a message
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Grab-em by the sharpie.....

​That's racist!.....lol
    Catch ya later ... hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Grab-em by the sharpie.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrackerDV17 View Post
    Hard to catch, convict, and punish when the majority of the B*$7#^d$ are in a 3rd World Country and the majority of the Officials are on the take or don't have the technology to track them down!

Although there have been some major busts in the call center scams recently.

On a different note, I was watching a program on the text and email Catfish Scammers.

They intentionally misspell words and sentence structure.

If the victim overlooks that and continues to communicate with them they know they've got a SUCKER!!!

Mike
    We have a Constitution and rights, these folks take advantage of that only, but we also have laws that prohibit the attacks by them. I suspect the changes under Trump will lay waste to most of what they do. Look at Google, Facebook, Twitter, or most of the ROBO calls affecting most of us.....Thanks to President Trump (who has worked since his first day in office to today tirelessly to protect us).Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to catch, convict, and punish when the majority of the B*$7#^d$ are in a 3rd World Country and the majority of the Officials are on the take or don't have the technology to track them down!

Although there have been some major busts in the call center scams recently.

On a different note, I was watching a program on the text and email Catfish Scammers.

They intentionally misspell words and sentence structure.

If the victim overlooks that and continues to communicate with them they know they've got a SUCKER!!!

Mike

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Helping out a grandson.

Scams = Crams, so they can just cram it where the "sun don't shine". I like a short rope on a tall tree solution myself........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Im almost to the point that all calls are going to go to voice mail.

Im being spoofed now.

Last one was from Renoun Imaging. I answered and it was a recording for extended auto protection insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Catch ya later ... hooks

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately my parents were scammed by some "M@$#%% F*&^%" who claimed to be a cop in Florida. He had two girls in the background crying. He said that my daughter and my cousins daughter were in jail (during spring break) and needed to be bailed out. My parents have hearing issues and my father has Alzheimers (he answered). Both of the girls are on opposite sides of the U.S. These Ba$@#%d$ must have gotten the information off of Facebook or some other social media site. They finally contacted me to confirm where my daughter was at that time. They had purchased VISA cash cards from Walmart and sent the numbers. It still took me a couple of minutes to convince my parents to call the card company to cancel the cards for fraudulent use. Fortunately the morons tried to cash out the full value and the were stopped by the issuing company. They didn't loose anything except when I chewed them out over the phone. One other thing, the local police wouldn't even take a report since my parents didn't actually loose any money.

12. Likes Jetspray, TrackerDV17, GW208 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Helping out a grandson.

Yeah and I would pay extra just to be able to block out TV adds and just see the program. How about only paying for the things that you do watch on your TV no matter the content. Pick and choose those things you like and just pay for the things you connect to. My Direct TV bill would drop to the basement and some of those crummy things would float away. It might be a logistical nightmare but it would change the major networks to zero as well, revenues would be zilch........Jetspray

14. Likes dennis l liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The main thing is never say yes or press any number if given the option or asked to do it!

Better yet don't answer it if you don't know the number or don't say anything like you said.

Congress finally listened to all the complaints about Telemarketing and ROBO calls.

Probably sick and tired of receiving them too.

They've agreed to allow providers to let us block unwanted calls.

Not all providers have opted to do it yet.

The problem is the FCC passed a regulation in their beginning that all calls have to go through and they're resisting to change it for some reason.

Mike
    Last edited by TrackerDV17; 09-11-2019 at 09:42 PM.

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast