Thread: Sac/feather

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sac/feather

So me and my rookie brother and father hit the water and anchored at 0630 this morning in Live Oak area. We watched the salmon show acrobatics for a solid 2 hours with nothing to show for. Around 9 am we started seeing action, 3 slaps, 2 missed takedowns and finally 3 male fish in the boat. All averaged 12 lbs, all on chrome/chartreuse patterns. Patience paid off and all the first morning frustration disappeared. Not saying the school will be there tomorrow but it's nice to guess right every now and then. Boat traffic was minimal water temp was 54.7 and other than not catching a hen I have no complaints. I know I'll be chasing tail all weekend boys and girls.20190919_164632.jpg20190919_164714.jpg20190919_164751.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

2. Likes SteelyMan, salmonid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck,,,,, let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

Just trolled Boyd's tonight with cut plug and blue fox spinners and had no luck, graphed a few and saw hardly any roll. Only heard of one boat catching one fish. Took the day off tomorrow and debating between Live Oak and Gridley area cuz I know they're not around here. I see no consistency that I normally see by this time of year......its so weird. Hopefully this cold weather sparks something this weekend.
    My biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
    Launched Boyds today and trolled several passes from shanghai down with both cutplugs and kwikfish, nada. 20-30 boats out there trolling, on anchor, and jigging, didn't see anyone with a fish. Saw 1 fish jump and marked nothing with my HDS unit. Was my first trip of the season and I think I'll give it another month. Hope it treats you better than it did me, good luck out there.

Well i can confirm your report as accurate,,, only difference is we got soaked this morning, rained like hell for a couple hours early.

trolled and sat on anchor, never saw a fish.
    Story of my season, wrong place, wrong day.

Or i just can't fish.

6. Likes RideNfish, photomonkey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on getting pops onto some fish. Sorry to hear the big one got away, but gives you a reason to go back. I really enjoy that stretch of river above Gridley. Plenty of water to fish beside the Outlet.

Oh the joy of having "BE CONSIDERATE, D***IT!!!" guy around......

Post Thanks / Like

Launched Boyds today and trolled several passes from shanghai down with both cutplugs and kwikfish, nada. 20-30 boats out there trolling, on anchor, and jigging, didn't see anyone with a fish. Saw 1 fish jump and marked nothing with my HDS unit. Was my first trip of the season and I think I'll give it another month. Hope it treats you better than it did me, good luck out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, heading to Boyd's tomorrow to give that area a try.

STICK N FISH&FOLD N FOWL honksrworkn's Avatar
    No Cal .... Between the Sac and Feather ..
    Post Thanks / Like

Feather flows are up even more ...close to 10k .... Still not many fish jumping nor being caught from what I saw today .. If your taking your boat in the Outlet be careful .. It's an entirely different animal than when its at 8500cfs ...10k is much more difficult to control your boat ....
    As far as the Sac ....if you can fish week days your gonna have a real good chance to catch fish .. weekends forget it unless your early .... I guess every jackwagon with a new jet boat heard the Sac has fish this yr because its been a zoo on weekends ..... SOS ... No courtesy ...What the F is wrong with people these days ..... Just because your Government is full of idiots doesn't mean you have to be one too ....
    I'm amazed at the stupidity of so called fishermen that run up and down the river and don't fish .....looking for fish on your graph is kinda stupid , it reads a very small area in shallow water ...like right under your transducer so if they're not under your boat you'll never see them ..... You have a better chance catching a fish with your line in the water ..... I'm not saying don't use your electronics because its nice to know there are fish were your fishing ....
    Lots of inexperienced boaters out there as of late so be careful and courteous .....
    Oh yeah ..One more thing
    Hey Beto or whatever your name is..... NO , ..... HELL NO You won't take my Rifles .... Your a real Idiot .... And if you think We the People are gonna hand over our firearms to you or the government .....keep smoking that crack pipe ... not gonna happen ....
    Liberals ...just stupid .... How can anyone be so stupid ....voting to screw yourself is stupid....

11. Likes lcm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sac/feather

Took my pops out for some salmon and launched out of Elkhorn boat ramp headed up stream fished for about 45 and water conditions were bad got a hold of 1 of my buddies that was fishing on the feather up in Gridley area and said the Roe bite insane rt now so i pulled the boat out ended up with 3 salmon 1 big pig that snapped fish had to be over 30lbs but there's fish in the outlet but a few 1 boat in the hole and the shore anglers nada just donating hardware FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Likes Stickman, zipperman, Paintguy liked this post