Thread: Cutthroat Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cutthroat Help!

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post
    ◊ 2 on Heenan Lake. It should be fishing good with the cooler days and nights as of late.
    Awesome thank you all. I wanted to try and meet up with some of you all for the Pyramid Fishing in October to try and get some, but unfortunately there's a wedding I have to attend. Hopefully next year!

Post Thanks / Like

◊ 2 on Heenan Lake. It should be fishing good with the cooler days and nights as of late.

3. Likes yell0wshirt, Captain Compassion liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Heenan lake is the Lahontan Cutthroat trout hatchery for California. It opens for fishing from the Friday before Labor Day to the end of October. It is open for fishing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Barbless C&R only. It is located on Highway 89 a few miles east of Monitor Pass. Both spin and fly fishing are effective. Lots of toons and yaks.
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

5. Likes MKE, yell0wshirt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    Oh wow.....I thought there was only one. Oh man. I guess any if in California? Iíve heard of Lahontan and thatís what I was thinking of. I never knew there was more than one! This is pretty darn cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You canít fix stupid, no matter how much duct tape you use!
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

8. Likes yell0wshirt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cutthroat Help!

So Iíve had a great summer fishing, I did a ton of fly fishing and a lot of backpacking. Caught my fill of trout up in Yosemite trying to get all the trout species too.

I got my rainbow, brown, brook and golden trout this year, but I still havenít been able to lock down a cutthroat. The some of the lakes I fished were supposed to have cutties, but I mainly got brooks and bows. Itís the last species Iíd like to get before my business opens at the end of this year and the weather gets worse.

Can anyone guide me to some spots that may hold them? Iíve tried Round Lake from searching the forums, but no dice and it got so windy too!

Thanks everyone. IMG_7069.JPGIMG_7125.JPGA30B7CF6-9C1B-4D99-83DF-6925E60B3C9A.jpgD6FA9D6E-14C8-4C9B-B711-4C69C7FE57D5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk