Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Members, Where Have They Gone?

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I met Kristy at a pmid fest several years ago, but haven't heard or seen anything from them since. I agree with wd, people just move on, but then they might have got tired of the crap
    that I post and think its too much trouble. i'll stay off for awhile.
    be safe
    They are just enamored with Facebook and Twitter and SnapChat and many of the others mostly only done from phones. It is a sign of the times and forgotten other ways to communicate...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes okie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    I was was also wondering about CALNDN. He was on the boards all the time. I miss his posts. He did give me a like on one of posts a few days ago.
    Im still wondering about Kristy of MikeandKristy. She use to have some great posts and pictures. I guess people just move on.
    I met Kristy at a pmid fest several years ago, but haven't heard or seen anything from them since. I agree with wd, people just move on, but then they might have got tired of the crap
    that I post and think its too much trouble. i'll stay off for awhile.
    be safe
    Last edited by okie; 11-11-2019 at 09:08 PM.

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post
    Couple of guy's that were AWOL this Salmon season now that i think of it,, Bret 1972,, Big Mike,, CalNdn
    I was was also wondering about CALNDN. He was on the boards all the time. I miss his posts. He did give me a like on one of posts a few days ago.
    Im still wondering about Kristy of MikeandKristy. She use to have some great posts and pictures. I guess people just move on.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

6. Likes Jetspray, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple of guy's that were AWOL this Salmon season now that i think of it,, Bret 1972,, Big Mike,, CalNdn

Post Thanks / Like

Damn Okie , what you describe sounds like circulation problems and weight loss like you describe at our age is very bad (I have a medical background). I hope all is well with you Okie, God bless you.
    other than a blocked left subclavian artery, having blood about the same density as water from the thinners,
    I'm doin ok. got a small scratch on my elbow last Friday, couldn't get it to stop bleeding until Monday when
    my doc cartarized? he had what looked like chopsticks with a little black ball on one end, he rubbed that
    over the cut and it felt like fire, then he put a pad and tape over it, that stopped the bleeding. I must have
    lost 1/2 pint or more blood. but its gonna be ready to hit the mid in about 10 days with hooks. been getting my
    gear ready.
    be safe

9. Likes zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn Okie , what you describe sounds like circulation problems and weight loss like you describe at our age is very bad (I have a medical background). I hope all is well with you Okie, God bless you.
    feeling a lot better since I got the pacemaker, my heart rate was 35. my son got me a heated vest to wear. I started to put
    it on and try it, then I checked the label, "do not use with pacemaker". so i'm back to longjohns and double
    layers..
    be safe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    There is old "Old" and there is younger "Old"...meaning at our age, one has to be active and fluid which is "life". Inactivity is the leading cause to aches and pain.

In my case I'm up and about by 5 am then at day break I'm out tinkering on the boat or working on projects and won't stop til it gets too hot outside or when the wife calls me for dinner. If I can't get outside for a couple of days due to weather then I get cabin fever.

​I agree....as long as I'm up and moving around I feel way less pain. It doesn't take very long for me to "stove up" like the Tin Man when I sit down.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

12. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    getting old is hard, plus i'm down from around 220 lb to about 155-160, when it gets below
    75-80 i shake like a dog sh.... peach seeds. right now in my house its 72, I have flannel house
    pants, socks, undershirt, heavy wool sweater and house coat on, and my space heater under my
    desk. I probably wont be doing much fishing this winter unless I get some larger clothes so I really bundle-up.
    be safe
    There are some good options out there for cold weather protection Bill.

https://www.minus33.com/?

https://www.refrigiwear.com/product/...ll-0381rnavlar

https://www.carhartt.com/products/ca...uilt-Lined-X06

There are more....

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/10-wa...parel-choices/

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Bear-Heat...31529636&psc=1

https://iwomouterwear.com/products/i...0aAknGEALw_wcB

Last edited by hooks; 09-21-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfin View Post
    Man I hope your hands are ok . I get massive hand cramps sometimes and you cant do anything when your fingers lock up, also been out and noticed the older you get the more susceptible you are to fingers freezing and there's nothing worse than not being able to tie its super frustrating . Heres hoping you and Sporty have a great year Tightlines BF
    You might want to try Hyland's Homeopathic meds for your cramps (leg cramps especially but it works everywhere else in the body). I have been taking them since the 1990's when I had hip surgery. They work no matter what form you take but the fastest relief is the under the tongue pills. I have tried most of the other stuff, but this is my best remedy and fast (3 pills under the tongue and about 10 minutes later gone)……...Jetspray

https://www.hylands.com/products/hylands-leg-cramps?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign =BR_Search_HylandsHomeo_GOOG&utm_term=Hylands%20Ho meopathy&utm_content=Hylands%20Homeopathy
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

16. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is old "Old" and there is younger "Old"...meaning at our age, one has to be active and fluid which is "life". Inactivity is the leading cause to aches and pain.

In my case I'm up and about by 5 am then at day break I'm out tinkering on the boat or working on projects and won't stop til it gets too hot outside or when the wife calls me for dinner. If I can't get outside for a couple of days due to weather then I get cabin fever.
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

18. Likes Jetspray, bigfin, zipperman liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast