Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuel Line and Controls help

Quote Originally Posted by duhkevinz View Post
    We should get together and talk about our mechanical. Our boats are very similar. I have a fuel/water separator in my Stryker.

My throttle is also the same where the reverse seems like it’s a bit tough? It was the last inch of reverse that gave throttle above idle speed but now it doesn’t. Guessing it’s the cable issue that needs lube.
    Looks familiar. Ha! Could you show me a pic of how your separator is plumbed? PM me and I will give you a cell number if that is easier. I need to do some learn'n.

Quote Originally Posted by duhkevinz View Post
    Is your boat really a 2006? It looks early 2000s. Did you check the serial number of the boat against the title?

Sorry just noticed while I was researching Alumawelds when purchasing mine.
    My bad. The title says 2005 and yes the hull number matches.

Post Thanks / Like

Is your boat really a 2006? It looks early 2000s. Did you check the serial number of the boat against the title?

Sorry just noticed while I was researching Alumawelds when purchasing mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel Line and Controls help

We should get together and talk about our mechanical. Our boats are very similar. I have a fuel/water separator in my Stryker.

My throttle is also the same where the reverse seems like it’s a bit tough? It was the last inch of reverse that gave throttle above idle speed but now it doesn’t. Guessing it’s the cable issue that needs lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Fuel Line and Controls help

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Might want to add stabilizer in your tank too.
    +1 Seon every fill up, cause you just don't know when the next trip is......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

5. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Fuel Line and Controls help

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem2004 View Post
    You can tape the new one to the old one and pull it through with the help of another. Just tape it up good so the end doesn't catch on any other cables while pulling and pushing.
    Problem with that one is you might not see the information, on my Stryker it was under the floor boards and stiff as all get out. Moisture will creep into the cable housing too, including over here we have freezing temps......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Might want to add stabilizer in your tank too.
    Last edited by Seon; 09-24-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

8. Likes RideNfish, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Use any marine fuel hose you can get that is rated for outboard/external applications. Anything sold these days has to be EPA compliant and will also be ethanol resistant. I’d use 5/16 hose, 3/8 is overkill and will be bigger than the barb on your kicker’s quick connect fitting.
    Tim Jacobs
    Sacramento Performance Marine

10. Likes RideNfish, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SacPerformance View Post
    There was a service recall on that silver Mercury fuel hose, get rid of all of it. The ethanol is breaking down the inner liner. The filter head pictured will work fine for your motors, you don’t need any other T fittings or shut off valves. Orient your fuel lines so that the primer bulbs hang vertically, with the arrows facing up, the check valves in the bulbs will function correctly this way.

Spot on!!!! We have a winner. Thank you SacPerformance!

I just got off the phone with a Modesto boat dealer and as soon as I told where I bought and the age of the boat he asked, "Do you have grey lines with red lettering?" I said, "yep". "The fuel ate your liner. You need grey line with blue lettering." He even said the plastic flakes usually just pile up at the quick disconnect which is exactly what happened.

What fuel line do you think I should use Mr Sac Performance? I will put in a water/filter separator 3/8 inlet and outlets. Is the updated grey line OK or something else?

Thank you much everyone!

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    +1 I have a Stryker too, and if you use some high strength braided fishing line to tie to the end that you want to pull through, pulling it back is made much easier. However I had my son give me a hand with it, he pushed and I pulled...….Jetspray

You can tape the new one to the old one and pull it through with the help of another. Just tape it up good so the end doesn't catch on any other cables while pulling and pushing.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

14. Likes Jetspray, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Fuel Line and Controls help

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem2004 View Post
    Congrats on your new boat. Glad you found something you liked.

Be better to replace the throttle cables. The old ones will have a number on the cover to tell you how long they are. I would just order a new set.

Hope to see you on the water soon.
    +1 I have a Stryker too, and if you use some high strength braided fishing line to tie to the end that you want to pull through, pulling it back is made much easier. However I had my son give me a hand with it, he pushed and I pulled...….Jetspray

16. Likes Hookem2004, RideNfish liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast