Post Thanks / Like

Re: On the Sac River today

For people who have fished in the dark for these things in a legal manner, do you think the glow lure actually has something to do with the bites? Or would a normal plug or jig suffice?

2. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Too long to read for this old man. In 25 words or less, what's the jest of his post??
    Well, he caught a small salmon (condensed version).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post
    Don't be a Jack Wad on the water in no wake zones,,, don't spill your Weewee cup on yourself, use a glow stick on lure at night.

Peace out.
    Nailed it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thx SteelyMan .
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

6. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Too long to read for this old man. In 25 words or less, what's the jest of his post??

Don't be a Jack Wad on the water in no wake zones,,, don't spill your Weewee cup on yourself, use a glow stick on lure at night.

Peace out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Folsomtroller22 View Post
    This is the longest post I've ever read here, thank you.
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

9. Likes Shot-Gun, murph, bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bajakarr View Post
    <font size="3">Gotta say, word seems to be getting out about the restaurants upstream about a mile from the confluence. A lot more folks in the area today. Mainly trolling.&nbsp;<br>Before I talk about salmon let me say this. SLow Down.! Obey the law. The area from the downstream end of Riverview Marina, picture the river below Chevy's on the River and continuing upstream to the Virgin Sturgeon is NO Wake Zone. Forget about the 5 mph. It's the NO Wake that is the purpose behind the law. <br>I've been cordial until now to the offenders but I think I have to start speaking Expect a challenge next time . Come on guys. You know who are. The law applies to you too. Especially to you.&nbsp; It would take half a day to describe the various ways I ( and anyone else at anchor in the area today )&nbsp; got pounded by the wakes . <br>Actually the total scofflaw offenders at full throttle probably are better the ones that plow along, not quite on plane, leaving a wake high&nbsp; enough for a surfer to navigate.&nbsp; Their wake is much smaller. Just illegally speeding past. <br><br>I don't know. Most I believe folks know what they're out there. But they also know marine law enforcement patrols are all but non-existent during the weekdays, post Labor Day weekend. If these folks are in a hurry, No Wake zones be damned. I wish the California Boater Card would be mandatory for all ages right now. I have mine by the way. I'll be dead and gone by the time the mandatory license actually hits my age group. But I was looking for a refresher course so knocked out the on line course and took during one week end. The course material isn't that difficult, just tedious.<br><br>Went back to my new favorite last fishing last night. Put out some glow flatfish with a little help from some Beacon Torch mini night sticks. I have had some success over the years using that combo at night. The sardine wrap, I've come to find a must.<br>Walmart was the only source for the Beacon sticks for a long time. But then they only carried the four stick replacement light sticks. In that typical fluorescent green color. A little too lengthy to work well with the Flatfish. But then.last year, found out that Bass Pro Shop now sells a multi color 4 pack for 3.87. I've also used them with glow Gibbs or glow Pucci jigs up on the Lower American. Used to have a lot success at a particular hole below Camp Pollack. Salmon by the dozens would&nbsp; be rolling in that hole at dusk. It's been 10 years or more probably since I last saw them there. Something changed.&nbsp;<br>Sorry. The report.&nbsp; Today about 8:30 in the morning, fishing at anchor, I stepped down into my boat cabin to grab the extension for my rod. Had my legal two poles out. Literally the second my foot touched the cabin floor I could my the clicker on the drag going off. Two quick pulls. Jumped up the two stairs, ran into my table. Knocked it off the pedestal and sent stretchy tread, filet knife, a couple of weights,&nbsp; all that prep stuff flying everywhere. Oh Yeah. True story. I'm replacing the sanitation hose that runs from the toilet to holding tank. New hose comes in Friday. Trying to be the good conservation steward I was using a large drink cup to hold certain bodily fluids until I could dump it at the marina. You get the picture. Just a couple of small rugs in the area. And the jacket I had worn earlier. All dyed a new autumn color today . So, got to the Cannon pole holder. Fish is still pulling on the line. Stumbled getting my pole out. Yep. Wily salmon 1. Ne : nuthin. Well, except a new autumn color-like amber tint to my jacket.<br>In past that sort of thing all but assured a skunk for the day. But, I knew that my new found fishing hole would provide. And it did. About 30 minutes later. Photo attached. The fish is actually pretty chrome and great. Small guy but good eatin regardless.The stuff you see is on the fish is from the photo being taken post bleeding...&nbsp; &nbsp;Caught on the same Brad's Killer Flatfish as last week.&nbsp;<br>&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font>
    This is the longest post I've ever read here, thank you.

11. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the Sac River today

<font size="3">Gotta say, word seems to be getting out about the restaurants upstream about a mile from the confluence. A lot more folks in the area today. Mainly trolling.&nbsp;<br>Before I talk about salmon let me say this. SLow Down.! Obey the law. The area from the downstream end of Riverview Marina, picture the river below Chevy's on the River and continuing upstream to the Virgin Sturgeon is NO Wake Zone. Forget about the 5 mph. It's the NO Wake that is the purpose behind the law. <br>I've been cordial until now to the offenders but I think I have to start speaking Expect a challenge next time . Come on guys. You know who are. The law applies to you too. Especially to you.&nbsp; It would take half a day to describe the various ways I ( and anyone else at anchor in the area today )&nbsp; got pounded by the wakes . <br>Actually the total scofflaw offenders at full throttle probably are better the ones that plow along, not quite on plane, leaving a wake high&nbsp; enough for a surfer to navigate.&nbsp; Their wake is much smaller. Just illegally speeding past. <br><br>I don't know. Most I believe folks know what they're out there. But they also know marine law enforcement patrols are all but non-existent during the weekdays, post Labor Day weekend. If these folks are in a hurry, No Wake zones be damned. I wish the California Boater Card would be mandatory for all ages right now. I have mine by the way. I'll be dead and gone by the time the mandatory license actually hits my age group. But I was looking for a refresher course so knocked out the on line course and took during one week end. The course material isn't that difficult, just tedious.<br><br>Went back to my new favorite last fishing last night. Put out some glow flatfish with a little help from some Beacon Torch mini night sticks. I have had some success over the years using that combo at night. The sardine wrap, I've come to find a must.<br>Walmart was the only source for the Beacon sticks for a long time. But then they only carried the four stick replacement light sticks. In that typical fluorescent green color. A little too lengthy to work well with the Flatfish. But then.last year, found out that Bass Pro Shop now sells a multi color 4 pack for 3.87. I've also used them with glow Gibbs or glow Pucci jigs up on the Lower American. Used to have a lot success at a particular hole below Camp Pollack. Salmon by the dozens would&nbsp; be rolling in that hole at dusk. It's been 10 years or more probably since I last saw them there. Something changed.&nbsp;<br>Sorry. The report.&nbsp; Today about 8:30 in the morning, fishing at anchor, I stepped down into my boat cabin to grab the extension for my rod. Had my legal two poles out. Literally the second my foot touched the cabin floor I could my the clicker on the drag going off. Two quick pulls. Jumped up the two stairs, ran into my table. Knocked it off the pedestal and sent stretchy tread, filet knife, a couple of weights,&nbsp; all that prep stuff flying everywhere. Oh Yeah. True story. I'm replacing the sanitation hose that runs from the toilet to holding tank. New hose comes in Friday. Trying to be the good conservation steward I was using a large drink cup to hold certain bodily fluids until I could dump it at the marina. You get the picture. Just a couple of small rugs in the area. And the jacket I had worn earlier. All dyed a new autumn color today . So, got to the Cannon pole holder. Fish is still pulling on the line. Stumbled getting my pole out. Yep. Wily salmon 1. Ne : nuthin. Well, except a new autumn color-like amber tint to my jacket.<br>In past that sort of thing all but assured a skunk for the day. But, I knew that my new found fishing hole would provide. And it did. About 30 minutes later. Photo attached. The fish is actually pretty chrome and great. Small guy but good eatin regardless.The stuff you see is on the fish is from the photo being taken post bleeding...&nbsp; &nbsp;Caught on the same Brad's Killer Flatfish as last week.&nbsp;<br>&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font>
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Likes Paintguy liked this post