Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: pmid 10-01

Post Thanks / Like

Re: pmid 10-01

I just got back from 2 1/2 days there and it was the worst opener for me with only just over 50 fish jigged to the boat for the 3 of us. Biggest was 7 pounds.
    On the second day it was slow for the first few hours then we found the sweet spot hooking hogs. We got at least 30 fish in the 10 - 14 pound range and about the same amount of fish in the 6-10 pound range and about 10 fish under 6 pounds.
    Today we went out until noon and got 30 fish up to 9 pounds. All and all it was fun but not to par for the opener at Pyramid standards.
    Last edited by MKE; 10-04-2019 at 05:22 AM.

2. Likes Prettyman01, hooks, Mack Tahoe, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: pmid 10-01

For this time of year Mike you had a great opener. Nice shots too.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Fished from 730 to 330 for 23 fish. Biggest was 7#. Nothin picture worthy. All fish released on side of boat without a net or touching. Sounds good on paper but it was a very slow opener.

Weather and wind predictions were solid for 3 days. Ended up being totally opposite on game day. I love this lake!

Warm weather later this week should help the bite. Bait and fish were scattered. Could not find many active fish or large bait balls. Jigging east best bet. Fished from pelican to sutcliffe early and the kitchen in the afternoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iln143 View Post
    A bad day for all! I had my kayak loaded on my truck. I got up to fish and had to take my dog to the ER. He had aspiration pneumonia due to mega esophagus! Not like last years opener! Maybe try Friday.
    Hope everything was Ok with your dog Ivan, there will be more days ahead. I am not much for openers even if I was able to go. Too many boats and bodies at one place, and about 1/2 of them are on something and tempers flair, cause they "Have to get that big one" and forget that rangers are all over the place smelling their breath and cars/trucks...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

A bad day for all! I had my kayak loaded on my truck. I got up to fish and had to take my dog to the ER. He had aspiration pneumonia due to mega esophagus! Not like last years opener! Maybe try Friday.
    2007 Crestliner 15 Canadian Mercury 25 4 stroke electric troller & Hobbie Pro Angler 14 ......Fish beware!!

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome Seeker View Post
    Update as I sit here in Scheels...Took 2hrs to launch this morning, the ranger said people started lining up at 2am. It rained, wind, big rollers, I was puckered for a bit. Only managed 6, 2 were 8lbs though. Found a school and jigged 4 up in silver and blue plume laser minnows, got two trolling Lymanís. Overall, heard it was super slow. Was planning on going back tomorrow (staying in a hotel tonight) but donít think I will. Didnít have the best vibes there today. Prolly counted 150+ boats just when I was launching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Didn't have the best vibes there today".

Same for me. I felt like something was "off" before I left the house at 4AM.

Thanks for the report on your outing.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

9. Likes Jetspray, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome Seeker View Post
    Update as I sit here in Scheels...Took 2hrs to launch this morning, the ranger said people started lining up at 2am. It rained, wind, big rollers, I was puckered for a bit. Only managed 6, 2 were 8lbs though. Found a school and jigged 4 up in silver and blue plume laser minnows, got two trolling Lymanís. Overall, heard it was super slow. Was planning on going back tomorrow (staying in a hotel tonight) but donít think I will. Didnít have the best vibes there today. Prolly counted 150+ boats just when I was launching
    Come back for the fest on the 12th and 13th, should be a little less traffic. I hope the other launches are open too......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: pmid 10-01

Quote Originally Posted by bigfin View Post
    Sorry to here that but if its painful you'll be better having it ! My wife has had 2 done and if they offer you a spinal tap right before the surgery take it , the wife did not take the second spinal tap and has had nothing but problems with the second replacement . Funny thing they don't tell you until they ask for a release of liability form the day of the surgery we were totally caught un awares by that . I'm glad we had insurance cause they are very very expensive . I hope it goes well keep us posted . Tightines BF
    I had my left hip done in 1996, so I do know some of how it was done. Today's is done differently from that one. My problem is genetic, and advanced by age. I have a great team of doctors where I am being treated. It is a fracture clinic and sports clinic. I have some meetings before I go in to do as well and physical therapy afterwards close to home. Thanks about the heads up on the spinal, I think it is similar to a spinal block for pain......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

pmid 10-01

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

How the HE** can they sell you a year old license...........?? !!

Glad you caught it but I would think they owe you at least a beer or sandwich.

Don't get me started............

Sorry about the bad vibes trip.
    At least you or the boat did not go under the water.

You will get that Merit badge on the next trip out................... ?

14. Likes Jetspray, Captain Compassion, wckid liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast