Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another Slow Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by BD07_Deltafishing View Post
    Fished Walnut Grove from 8-4 on sunday. We were definitely lucky. Caught a 17# and 12#. First fish of the year in a handful of trys. Saw a banker land one at the corner of Georgiana and small jack caught by another boater.
    What were you using?
    Captain of the Little Liberator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shot-Gun View Post
    it seems, to me anyway, that there's been a steady flow of fish rather than a large bubble. No will know for sure until the hatchery and carcuss (spelling?) counts are complete.
    CARCUSS = What I do when another driver pisses me off but not quite enough to go into full road rage mode
    CARCASS = Dead body of an animal

Post Thanks / Like

it seems, to me anyway, that there's been a steady flow of fish rather than a large bubble. No will know for sure until the hatchery and carcuss (spelling?) counts are complete.
    Fisher of men first, fisher of fish second.

Post Thanks / Like

It has been ridiculously slow. Went 5 times skunk. Trolling four rods and did some anchor too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Walnut Grove from 8-4 on sunday. We were definitely lucky. Caught a 17# and 12#. First fish of the year in a handful of trys. Saw a banker land one at the corner of Georgiana and small jack caught by another boater.

Post Thanks / Like

If the Sacramento/American/Feather salmon are not in the upper river, not in the lower river, and not in the bay, either the salt guys caught them all (doubtful), the numbers forecast was off by a huge margin (possible) or they have yet to come in (probable).

Moke fish have yet to show either, so I hope the salmon are just late.

Post Thanks / Like

Another Slow Weekend

Went to the Walnut Grove area on 9/30/19. Had a wonderful on the water. Got skunked again....very few fish being caught. Only heard 2 fish being taken, by two different people. Fished from 9ish am, until sunset. This not catching fish is really starting to get old....Anyway, it was still a fun day. Gonna try again Saturday.

I'm not a Delta fisherman by any means, in fact, I actually really don't like fishing here for multiple reasons. I was really hoping that since they were having such an "on fire" season in the ocean, that it would be a great river season. Seems just about as dead and dry last year. Do you guys think its gonna "turn on" soon, or just be another dismal season?
    Last edited by FishinJeeper; 10-01-2019 at 03:19 PM.
    Captain of the Little Liberator.