Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video of sac salmon breaking lamiglas rod

They are nicknamed "Lami-snap" for a reason. Garbage rods with crappy warranty. I've owned 4 and broke three of them with normal use.

Post Thanks / Like

Great,,, and yes i did enjoy the video. Thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the rod because it was in the salmon steelhead section, i bought that one and a finiwick salmon rod .. the fish was hooked in the mouth, i saw the spinner and i saw my line wrapped around the fish,, i think the line snapped because it was twisted around my broken part of the rod in the water .. the people at fishermans warehouse said that rod shouldn't of broken.. anyways i hope everyone enjoyed the video and i got one today with my new rod that replaced it
    15lber, the one i hooked yesterday had to be at least twice as big

Screenshot_20191011-161613.jpgScreenshot_20191011-161613.jpg

4. Likes jjb, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep makes for a great story . Hope you got to look it in the eye before it took off , as long as you get to see it then you'll never wonder how big it was, thats the worst thing when losing a fish . Thanks for the video , snagged , not snagged heck it felt like I was there brings back memories of the infamous Dorsal Diesel . Tightlines BF
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...........

Post Thanks / Like

Spinning rod , casting rod, snagged, not snagged, who cares, really fun to watch....

7. Likes jjb, Paintguy, Spinner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just for sake of discussion (and in defense of the OP), a well built spinning rod won’t break even if you fish it upside down with a casting reel on it. That’s not why it broke. As far as the fish being snagged, I’ve had fish act like that if they hit going downstream and I’m trolling upstream, and the fish has been pinned in the mouth. Not common, but it happens and is not a guarantee that it’s snagged...
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

9. Likes jjb, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bickey420 View Post
    First hook up of the year and it was a beast ! Check out the initial hook up

https://youtu.be/1Ju8ZEhAVUw
    Well first issue is you bought a spinning rod and tried using it as a casting rod. That's your first issue, the second is the fish was snagged. The snagged fish isnt your fault, you should however use the proper rod for your reel.

11. Likes jjb, Salmonhead#1, Spinner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost bought a X11 a few years ago but went a step up with the Redline series after reading reviews and comparing them side by side. I've seen four X11"s blow up when fishing for Salmon on the Sac or AR in the last two seasons. The last one was this past Labor Day at the Klamath Spit.
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

Post Thanks / Like

Video of sac salmon breaking lamiglas rod

Maybe you shouldn’t use a spinning rod with a bait caster reel next time. Spinning rods aren’t designed to fight a fish with the guides up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes gb steel, Salmonhead#1, Spinner, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not saying I can see it with 100% certainty, but that “bite” looked very much like what happens when a salmon accidentally hooks itself on the tail or body. There was zero pumping on the initial “take”, the frantic pulsing and fluttering of the rod correlates with your fish coming to the surface.

You had strong gear, even with the snapped rod, if hooked in the mouth, that fish would have been somewhat “leadable” to the boat.

I only say because I’ve hooked salmon by accident on the outside of the mouth, on all types of gear and techniques. They usually aren’t that uncontrollable and don’t run 10000mph in every direction if they’re hooked in the mouth.

16. Likes bigfin, Spinner liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast