Thread: 2 jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 jigs

I tried two jigs and lures on a one line/rod setup..........

however, I will give two flys on a line a thumbs up...... if in clean water.
    If trophy hunting, only one fly.

Lost many a fish with rocks or bushes grabbing the loose fly !!

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: 2 jigs

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post
    I think the key is to treat it as if you're drop shotting with a hair jig, tube jig, or a swim bait but tie on a p- line lazer minnow on the bottom instead of a weight. I get very few tangles if any at all.
    Pretty much of what I was thinking of, maybe a heavy tube jig or something else to make it straight. Big thing is the bottom and having something that flashes....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robertash20 View Post
    Was looking at jigging set ups and came across crappie guys who fish two jigs. Has anyone tried this? I know when i fly fish we fish 2 nymphs all the time!

I think MkE mentioned it on a pyramid post. I assume heavier jig then lighter jig on the tag end? any other set ups?

Thought it might help to change colors
    I think the key is to treat it as if you're drop shotting with a hair jig, tube jig, or a swim bait but tie on a p- line lazer minnow on the bottom instead of a weight. I get very few tangles if any at all.

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ya i was worried about tangles as well cc I can do it w nymphs but im not moving them around in the water on the stream!

I like the idea of testing it out jetspray! i guess ill play w it in my friends pool one day
    I used to test stuff in my sink to see what the action is. I always drop my new setups in the water to check them when I troll lures. It is much the same thing, just to look at what the lure is supposed to do......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

ya i was worried about tangles as well cc I can do it w nymphs but im not moving them around in the water on the stream!

I like the idea of testing it out jetspray! i guess ill play w it in my friends pool one day

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: 2 jigs

Was looking at jigging set ups and came across crappie guys who fish two jigs. Has anyone tried this? I know when i fly fish we fish 2 nymphs all the time!

I think MkE mentioned it on a pyramid post. I assume heavier jig then lighter jig on the tag end? any other set ups?

It all depends on distances and weights. You need to rig up what you would want to try and drop it in a body of water like a garbage can with water in it. Then jig it up and down. I used it at San Pablo Dam in the past and mostly tried to keep it off the bottom because of the vegetation and rocks. You could try it off a boat as well. I have a large collection of tubes for crappie, and they work for trout as well. Rig it & jig it, that's all I can say......Jetspray

9. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done this a Pyramid. Lots of tangles with 1/4 oz. jigs. Never got it to work.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 jigs

13. Likes Jetspray, MKE liked this post