Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New California law

I don't want to give them any ideas, but I keep waiting to hear how they plan on applying a tax to this. There is probably a highly paid consultant, who happens to be someone's nephew, trying to figure out how best to do this as we speak. Lol

2. Likes GW208 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just cut my mouth while eating road kill some glass in the meat .. Now do I get may attorney to sue the state or fish and game?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: New California law

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    When I was younger I use to tie flys for fly fishing. Some fly tying materials were hard to find and expensive. I often would pull over and take parts from road kill I found along the highway for fly tying. The most common one was buck tail. The deer hair from the deer tails is used for a lot of different flys. It was technically illegal to take any part of road kill but I did it anyway. One of the most sought after materials are pheasant feathers. I once found a dead pheasant and skinned it out in about 3 minutes. Fear not I saw the error of my ways and have reformed.
    I just wonder where "hunting out of season' applies for running down things to eat?...…...Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

5. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was younger I use to tie flys for fly fishing. Some fly tying materials were hard to find and expensive. I often would pull over and take parts from road kill I found along the highway for fly tying. The most common one was buck tail. The deer hair from the deer tails is used for a lot of different flys. It was technically illegal to take any part of road kill but I did it anyway. One of the most sought after materials are pheasant feathers. I once found a dead pheasant and skinned it out in about 3 minutes. Fear not I saw the error of my ways and have reformed.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

7. Likes Jetspray, GW208, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Newsom will out law the use of a battered up 4runner or some other battered up truck because it cause harm to the body shop industry .
    Born to fish and hunt !! forced to work

9. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Catch ya later ... hooks

11. Likes kickinit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/dN7Uy17Z6oE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

In hindsight, I must have been way ahead of the politicians as we did bring home roadkill one time. My father and his friends started hunting out of Madeline, CA after the war in the late 40's. In the early 60's I was finally old enough to get a tag and go with him. We would always go into town one evening during the trip to call home so he could check in.

The pay phone at the Standard station was one of the old phones that you had to crank to get the operator. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't, I guess maybe it depended on if the operator was out feeding the livestock or not? Anyways, we're there one night and a car pulls into the gas station looking for a piece of cardboard to cover the hole in the windshield. While he was waiting I asked him what happened and he said a big deer jumped off the bank into the road and he ran into it.

Well now as a 12 year old kid, I'm all ears and have to get to the bottom of this, was it a buck, was it legal? All he knew for sure was it had horns and was dead. As soon as my father got off the phone I filled him in and asked if we couldn't go look for the deer and he agreed to drive up the road a few miles. We didn't go far, maybe 2 or 3 miles when we found the blood stain in the road and the deer pulled off to the side. It was a nice legal 3 pointer so we jumped out and threw him in the back of the truck and headed for camp. We ended up having to throw one shoulder away but everything else was okay and the warden validated the tag with no problem. My fathers friends ribbed him about that deer for the rest of their lives.😀

14. Likes photomonkey, Jetspray, zipperman, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure anyone in California who has been tempted to eat roadkill wouldn’t have been stopped by the law.

Funny though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GW208 View Post
    That's what I was thinking WD. We need to try a part time legislature, maybe 6 months in session every other year. Even if that didn't force them to focus on our serious problems, it would give them less time to sit around dreaming up feel good stuff that always ends up causing bigger problems.
    It is why I left the state and have never looked back, it has gotten to a massive attack on the USA from the get go and I know it is an attack on the whole of anyone that has a soul...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast