Thread: Moke 10-16

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Moke 10-16

I saw some numbers posted by NorCal guide association that if Iím reading them correctly, shows that the commercial fleet has harvested 145,000 fish during the 2019 season with the recreational saltwater fleet being somewhere at 50,000-80,000 fish harvested. I could be, and hope that Iím reading this stuff wrong. Because those numbers alone are pretty staggering. Not much left for nature or the rivers if 200,000+ have been harvested out of the initial 2019 forecast that estimated the returns to be around 380,000 fish. Makes ya wonder.

2. Likes jjb, salmonid, PinkSalmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsa2780 View Post
    Sad. Those huge pulse flows brought up nothing then. Thanks for the report, Iíve been trying the upper river here and there, and same results. Nobody home. Polar opposite to last year.
    I've been up the Moke twice this year during the pulse for nada. I caught a nice female 10.5 lbs. at Walnut Grove by Ko-Ket Resort. Fished Garcia to Clarksburg today and only saw two small fish caught. Where are the fish? Been to Viera's by Rio Vista twice for two big skunks.

FPR

Post Thanks / Like

Sad. Those huge pulse flows brought up nothing then. Thanks for the report, Iíve been trying the upper river here and there, and same results. Nobody home. Polar opposite to last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Moke 10-16

Wife and I took a day off from work, hoping that the fish had started to show. Left at 4:30am, hit bumper to bumper traffic in Modesto at 6:15, turning our 2:20 hr drive into over three hours. Arrived to a fairly empty parking lot at Whimpys, launches and headed down river, passing two sea lions. Trolled for two hours around the beaver area for nada. Tried jigging in a few holes in and out front of beaver for nada. Talked to two nice DFW fish checkers and they had not seen anything caught so far. Ran down to hog and tried trolling for nada. Back up towards beaver and tried trolling again. Around 2pm, my wifeís rod starts pumping. Finally, fish on. Before I could clear the other two rods, she had the little fish at the boat ready to be netted. Dark 7-8lb Jill. Trolled a little more and finally marked a nice school but they didnít hit. Headed back to ramp, loaded up and started for home around 3:45. Hit ugly traffic south of Manteca and again in Modesto.

Water temp was 61 and lots of weeds in the water made keeping the lines clear a chore. Very few boats out and no one but us caught anything. Warden at the ramp said itís been slim pickings so far in the Moke and was glad to see someone catch a salmon. Seems most are switching to striper. Hopefully it gets better but time is running out.

6. Likes RideNfish liked this post