Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trolling with Four Rods!!!!

I agree as I think about it almost all my salmon have been on outside rods, not sure why that is. When running 4 or more rods you need the people in the boat to know exactly what to do when you get a fish on or a snag, especially in the delta and rivers. I also find running 4 rods on a lake isn’t usually a problem but running 4 rods in the delta during salmon season with the zillion other boats and crowded conditions out there is a hassle I generally don’t want to deal with.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

2. Likes Koke Machine83 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I run 4-5 rods all the time and the bites come on any of the rods. The back rods I'll run the line out further then the outside rods. The fifth rod in the middle will be the furthest one out. I stagger all the line length by 15-20 feet.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

4. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, interesting. I've run 3 or 4 rods when I've had some extra folks along and those particular days it was the inside rods that got all the hits. Ya got me.

6. Likes photomonkey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Food for thought, a lot of guys up north tend to run longer rods, on the front 9'-10'6" at almost 90 degrees, then their inside rods are leaned back. Figure you got a 8' gunnel width, that's giving you some pretty good spread on the outside rods, time your rods load a little, with some decent spread between offerings.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I usually run 4 rods with my boat.

Spinners, cut plugs, kwikfish, and flatfish with no dodgers/flashers.

Have fished with friends in their boats using 4 rods with cut plugs, dodgers/flashers.

I have to agree the majority of the hits/fish have come on the outside rods.

I guess sticking with 4 rods makes me feel like I'm increasing our chances???

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Trolling with Four Rods!!!!

I have been with those that troll 4 rods, I have seen lots of Videos of guys trolling 4 rods. So what i'm getting at is: It seams just about every time, its the outside rods that get hit. Anyone catch any thing on the Back Rods? Plus with 4 cut plugs swinging a 3' circle, seams like way to much going on in such a small area? I have done way better with just 2 outside rods!!! Your Thoughts!!! Robbie

10. Likes TrackerDV17, Paintguy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12