Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: how do you like your steak

Quote Originally Posted by captn-tin View Post
    I like mine with someone that can afford to pay for it.
    What is the pay limit that you will accept "High & Low". For me I can always get one locally with little trouble, like say Hamdog's on 395, great place and great steaks...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: how do you like your steak

I like mine with someone that can afford to pay for it.

3. Likes okie, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don - Nevada View Post
    I like my steak medium rare
    with a baked potato with butter and sour cream
    with a tossed salad with vinegar and oil and anchovies
    all of that with a glass of red wine.

We have the similar tastes and on a normal day I would be hungry after reading this. But with the Holidays, I'm now living in left-over heaven. Might take another week. Haha.

5. Likes Jetspray, okie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherWilliams View Post

Yeah, wipe it's arse, pull a match onto the meat and put it on a plate. I've had rare Harris Ranch prime rib and it was GLORIOUS. We eat in the bar at Harris Ranch. No kids.
    We have a local butcher for special events and family get togethers. We have Raley's, Smith's, Grocery Outlet, and Walmart for meats on normal times. Most of their stuff is Harris Ranch or local grass fed beef, Bentley's also has a good selection. Otherwise I have to drive to Carson City, Reno or Tahoe...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: how do you like your steak

Quote Originally Posted by Don - Nevada View Post
    The best steaks I have had in my life were corn fed Iowa steaks that my grandparents had in their freezer. They had cows on the farm they sold and would butcher one and store half and sell the other half. Their farm was about 300 acres total. I remember those days and working on the farm, fond memories. As far as anchovies I love them and use the oil to mix with the vinegar to make the dressing or on pizza I drizzle the oil on the pizza and put on the anchovies when baking...…..Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog, BrotherWilliams liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I always like mine rare, just hack off a piece of the cow and give me the quivering steak on the plate.......Jetspray

Yeah, wipe it's arse, pull a match onto the meat and put it on a plate. I've had rare Harris Ranch prime rib and it was GLORIOUS. We eat in the bar at Harris Ranch. No kids.

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lately since I am limited to my mobility, we bought one of the NINJA Foodi Indoor Grills. We do have the one with the internal probe, and it lives up to what they advertize as we cooked Fillet M's and Ribeye's on it and also some frozen wings and some of the air fryer stuff we have. Worth the bucks for me right now........Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Actually a good steak is one of my ultimate favorite eats. I’ll eat any steak but I particularly prefer the following. An aged super marbled good cut like porterhouse or ribeye. Sprinkle a little of your favorite rub on it. My favorite commercial store bought rub for most things is Cabelas roasted garlic and beer rub. Grill it hot and fast to sear the flavor and juices in. Grill it so it’s seared on the outside and medium rare on the inside. Use a few wood chips to give it a hint of smoke. Serve on a warm plate with some good side dishes (baked potato and Caesar salad) and if you like wine a fine Cabernet. It is a nirvana moment. Bon Appetit
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

14. Likes Jetspray, bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: how do you like your steak

WD I don't think you would like "rocks" for food, maybe to heat it with.......Jetspray

16. Likes Waterdog liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast