Thread: Enigma Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Enigma Lake

Now that's funny

Post Thanks / Like

So, is Enigma Lake the one near Enigma State Prison?

You know, the Johnny Cash song "Enigma Prison Blues".

Quote Originally Posted by Folsomtroller22 View Post
    To begin, I suspect not many care much about this lake but it's all I have right now. So we launched at Granite Bay around 8a.m. and headed to the South Fork to troll for some species of fish. Didn't see much of anything on the screen until we were nearing New York Cove zone, then more fish than the screen could keep up with. My wife gets a release and low and behold a very nice size Pike Minnow (Squaw) removed from the lake. I know this lake very well and I believe the massive marks we encountered are in fact what she landed, way too many swimming around in there. The actual reason we were supposed to be out there today was not only to enjoy the fall scenery but to give a tow to a couple of young high school guys back to Browns Ravine. So it all turned out to be a great day on the water with no fish to clean. Water temperature was 64 degrees if anyone is interested. That's it! Next trip hopefully the river for a shot at salmon.
    David

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; deport him and you will not have to feed him again.
    Trump 20:16

Post Thanks / Like

Folsom is full of pike minnows. I’ve caught a couple over 5# chasing kings in the convergence area.

The trout bite should pop soon. Water temps are sill a bit warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expedition View Post
    where is Enigma Lake? is this in California?
    AKA=Folsom

Post Thanks / Like

where is Enigma Lake? is this in California?

Post Thanks / Like

Good report, got your rod bent anyhow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Folsomtroller22 View Post
    To begin, I suspect not many care much about this lake but it's all I have right now. So we launched at Granite Bay around 8a.m. and headed to the South Fork to troll for some species of fish. Didn't see much of anything on the screen until we were nearing New York Cove zone, then more fish than the screen could keep up with. My wife gets a release and low and behold a very nice size Pike Minnow (Squaw) removed from the lake. I know this lake very well and I believe the massive marks we encountered are in fact what she landed, way too many swimming around in there. The actual reason we were supposed to be out there today was not only to enjoy the fall scenery but to give a tow to a couple of young high school guys back to Browns Ravine. So it all turned out to be a great day on the water with no fish to clean. Water temperature was 64 degrees if anyone is interested. That's it! Next trip hopefully the river for a shot at salmon.

Did you make it any farther east say around the bridge ??? And thats crazy were they schooling ? Tightlines BF
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...........

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report. If only you were able catch one every pass, the consistent action would be nice since they fight decently, especially when they get up in size.

Post Thanks / Like

Enigma Lake

10. Likes Katch, bigfin, Trickytrucker, Stickman liked this post