Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clamming in Tomales and Bodega

Quote Originally Posted by thedevastator54 View Post
    Good luck. You going for any steamer clams in the sandy rocks or just digging mud?
    To be honest, I have no idea. Maybe a little of each. I see that our rental house hangs over the water in Tomales Bay and during low tide, there is a lot of exposed sea floor to explore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troutinator View Post
    Well, we've packed our waders, buckets, shovels measuring device. We are ready to hit the beaches this weekend.
    Good luck. You going for any steamer clams in the sandy rocks or just digging mud?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    Nope. Clamming is easy. Just look for the bubbles. One of these make the job easier. Lots of "how to" videos out there.
    Well, we've packed our waders, buckets, shovels measuring device. We are ready to hit the beaches this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try as well, but was wondering if clams are safe from the inner bay?

I'm staying by the Tides restaurant and pier.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you clam in the bay by Doran beach ? Where do you find info on the kinds of clams you can eat ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troutinator View Post
    So, we have plans on crabbing and fishing while visiting Tomales Bay next month, but I'm seeing there is also clams up there. Does anyone have any experience on clamming? I'm thinking waders, buckets and shovels. There has to be more than that. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
    Nope. Clamming is easy. Just look for the bubbles. One of these make the job easier. Lots of "how to" videos out there.
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

Post Thanks / Like

Tide book is your friend!

Post Thanks / Like

Was going to start my own post about clamming in this thread, but then saw this one. I’m posting here so that I can see some replies in case anyone does happen to have experience with it. I hope you have a great time with it, and I can’t wait until we go and try it ourselves next year!

Post Thanks / Like

Clamming in Tomales and Bodega

So, we have plans on crabbing and fishing while visiting Tomales Bay next month, but I'm seeing there is also clams up there. Does anyone have any experience on clamming? I'm thinking waders, buckets and shovels. There has to be more than that. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.