Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Halloween at Silver (88): More treats than tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevadablue View Post
    Just a couple short months and you can go kick back at Topaz and catch a couple of those beauties. See you there hopefully.
    Excellent. Topaz shore was by far the shining star of 2019. Hope 2020 is anywhere as good.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

Just a couple short months and you can go kick back at Topaz and catch a couple of those beauties. See you there hopefully.

3. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

May you live to see many more rejuvenating days with a line in the water.
    Thanks Stickman. At 72 It is my belief that with future fishing days dwindling in number I like to maximize my fishing opportunities.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

5. Likes MKE, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    It's been a grim year. Missed the entire month of February due to bad weather. Missed the entire month of May and some of June due to getting new eyes. High water on the rivers kept me off until August. I have yet to catch one fish from the West and Little Walker rivers. I needed a barrel of fish.

CC
    I am right there with you, Captain. My fishing days have been limited this year as well (cancer treatments for me and caring for family with health challenges.) There have been three times in the last six years when I was sure I had taken my last trip with my fishing best friend of 20+ years: 1. when his leg was shattered so badly, doctors had to install 7 pins to put it back together. He was told he would probably never walk without assistance. With the tenacious help of his wife and very tough physical therapy he walks (and even hikes) with me. 2. He was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer. Chemo and radiation treatments took their toll on him but also beat back the cancer. 3. Heart attack/ open heart surgery. Once again, his wife had him walk the hallway, then to the mailbox, and eventually 3 and 5 k charity events. He fishes with me yet today.

All of this is to say an "amen" to your getting into a mess of fish after sticking it out through a tough year, and to say that it is because of these challenges that ANY day spent fishing (especially with friends) is that much sweeter. There is no happiness absent gratitude, and people who love angling are, as a rule some of the most grateful and gracious folks I have ever met. Fishing teaches us perspective, the byproducts of which are patience and gratitude.

May you live to see many more rejuvenating days with a line in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Halloween at Silver (88): More treats than tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    It's been a grim year. Missed the entire month of February due to bad weather. Missed the entire month of May and some of June due to getting new eyes. High water on the rivers kept me off until August. I have yet to catch one fish from the West and Little Walker rivers. I needed a barrel of fish.

CC
    We will see what the future will bring, I haven't dropped a line in the water for months. Soon that will be fixed for the better....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Talk about shooting fish in a barrel................... !!

Now I see how you got 70 fish to shore.

Way to add trout to that number clicker for the yearly totals.

CC

10. Likes Jetspray, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk about shooting fish in a barrel................... !!

Now I see how you got 70 fish to shore.

Way to add trout to that number clicker for the yearly totals.

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saizo View Post
    They must have just planted those i was just there 5 or 6 days ago. Not a bite lol.
    The master is at work, I have fished with him in the past, I think he is a majic person with his thoughts, but there is always the computer and apps that drive his direction......Jetspray
    Last edited by Jetspray; 11-05-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

14. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saizo View Post
    They must have just planted those i was just there 5 or 6 days ago. Not a bite lol.
    Timing is everything. CDFW usually stocks, when they bother to stock at all, along 88 on Wednesdays

CC

Post Thanks / Like

17. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast