Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crab opener bodega 11/2

Has anyone caught any Dungies from inside Bodega Bay proper?

I'm staying at an airbnb on the water, and I'm not sure If I'll drive to a better fishing/crabbing spot, or just stay from my private dock.

If I get nothing I might walk 5 minutes to Tides Pier, I see its way easier to cast into the channel than where I am from.

Post Thanks / Like

We were through the gate. I think our success had to do with good bait and location. We had a variety of scent pouring out of every pot. Salmon heads, halibut carcasses, squid and chovie/herring in the jar, and even hung a few spoon bills in some traps. Go get'em they are there for the eating.
    DB

3. Likes broken bonz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1fishaholic View Post
    Nice, sounds like you guys killed it!
    Where you guys fishing Bodega or the gate?
    Check your DM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBoardfox View Post
    Opener was fantastic for us. Sat the offshore wind made things a bit more sporty than the forecast mentioned but got our limits easy pulling 6 pots for 40 jumbos. Sunday was even better with an overnight soak and it being flat calm, again 5 pots 40 Jumbos. Overall we probably pulled up 150 crab only kept the jumbos throwing many legal crab back. Ocean conditions look amazing this week. May have to call in sick for some more dungies.
    DB
    Nice, sounds like you guys killed it!
    Where you guys fishing Bodega or the gate?
    2016 23’ North River
    250hp Yamaha SHO
    9.9hp Yamaha
    Lowrance/Simrad

Post Thanks / Like

Opener was fantastic for us. Sat the offshore wind made things a bit more sporty than the forecast mentioned but got our limits easy pulling 6 pots for 40 jumbos. Sunday was even better with an overnight soak and it being flat calm, again 5 pots 40 Jumbos. Overall we probably pulled up 150 crab only kept the jumbos throwing many legal crab back. Ocean conditions look amazing this week. May have to call in sick for some more dungies.
    DB

Post Thanks / Like

Went out opener baker beach got only one keeper, went out today a little further north and got two limits in a 3 hour soak. Hoping the luck continues next week

8. Likes Seon, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of boats idling in front of the ramps. I waited about 10 minutes then decided to put my bow against the end of the ramp and let my grandson off and instructed him to back the trailer in the middle. Waited another 10 mins for him to get to the front to back the trailer in. While I started to nose toward the ramp one boat's skipper game me a dirty look but I smiled and told him my trailer was in the middle. He nodded, smiled and said "Nice move".
    I only did this opening day for the grandkids...but never again .
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

10. Likes zipperman, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    We didn't do too well with 3 hr soak yeiding half dozen but Lings were on fire. Seven large with one very large at 30# and an assortment of Rockfish. Grandkids were able to watch Whale show on a calm beautiful ocean.
    Nice ling!!! It was a beautiful day out there with a few whales, tons of porpoises, and good fishing. Perfect day for kids! I just wish they could do something about that “crap” show of a launch ramp. They really need to have a ranger direct traffic on days like that...it was an absolute free for all trying to retrieve the boat. Putting the boat in the water at 5am was much better.
    2016 23’ North River
    250hp Yamaha SHO
    9.9hp Yamaha
    Lowrance/Simrad

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't do too well with 3 hr soak yeiding half dozen but Lings were on fire. Seven large with one very large at 30# and an assortment of Rockfish. Grandkids were able to watch Whale show on a calm beautiful ocean.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

13. Likes TrackerDV17, MKE, zipperman, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Crab opener bodega 11/2

Quote Originally Posted by 1fishaholic View Post
    Quick post for anyone fishing tomorrow. The opener was disappointing for us. Dropped pots off the river from 80-180’. 6 pots/5hr soak yielded 10 crab. Fishing was much better, ran up past timber cove and worked our way back for 8 lings and a great assortment of rockfish. Looks like an algae bloom as the water is red off the river. And as expected the west side ramp was a mess. Sounds like those who ran north had similar results and those who ran south had better crab scores. Wx was perfect! Tight lines!
    We were able to manage close to limits with a 2 hour soak @ 70’ of water near a beachy area . Four commercial style pots with chicken breast and anchovies. 26 legal crabs for three people, threw 3 undersize/females back.

Launched from Bodega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes Paintguy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast