Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagle Lake last weekend

Sorry for the double post...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    That is the bomb for the lake. I was able to get some flies from Val that worked, but small grubs have always given me luck there along with the lures they sell at the Marina or at the Spaulding store. Colors matter there as well at the Thermocline...…...Jetspray
    I've been very successful down at eagle nest just drifting bait (Crawlers). Confounded the guys with $100,000 on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

"We would have been
    horrible
    parents."

We have had many friends over the years who were childless couples. We still do, and they are still friends and welcome in our home. It is a choice for life, after today's gathering and seeing the family in it's total, with all the happy faces, it was all good. Our cats got gifts as well today...….Jetspray
    Hope your Christmas was exactly what you wanted. We were quiet, played with the kitties. J got me a set of sweats and a replacement driver for my 50-year-old Sennheiser HD414 phones. That driver is DAMNED hard to find so I'm thrilled. I got J a salmon rig (7' Daiwa ML spinning rod (new) and a Daiwa 2600C) and a bigger trout rod (for places like Henry's lake).

I use the ultralight tackle at Eagle. A four pound Eagle Lake Trout on a 4'6" ultralight is a fight. But I rarely get skunked. Hope your therapy renders you bridled, saddled and ready to go this summer. Be good to meet and fish together. I'll have my sonar (Striker4) with me, in case I have to rent a boat.

I wish the General Store was still open, we always rented boats from George and Rudy. I use a magnetic transducer mount. It was spendy, but damn, it works really well on rental boats. I mounted the unit, itself, on a 2'x2' board of plexiglas, so it sits down just fine. I have a different mount for my float tube, including a transducer mount. I'll be hitting a LOT of tiny lakes next summer. Don't want to get blown all over hell and back on bigger bodies of water.

I'll PM you all my trips and you can join me whenever you want to.

4. Likes MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"We would have been
    horrible
    parents."

We have had many friends over the years who were childless couples. We still do, and they are still friends and welcome in our home. It is a choice for life, after today's gathering and seeing the family in it's total, with all the happy faces, it was all good. Our cats got gifts as well today...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes Waterdog, MtnFisher, BrotherWilliams liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    You’re a rich man.

Raising a family is the toughest and most important job any man can have. You’ve done well.

Enjoy the rewards of your hard work, no amount of money could ever buy.
    With due respect, I must disagree with your second statement. People born with the desire, patience and means should have kids. I was not born with the desire, and the way my donors behaved, it was a favor to society and the gene pool that both my sister and I said "No thanks," to parenthood. We would have been horrible parents. We refrained and we have both had lives we'd never have had, had we had children.

I'm enjoying my Xmas with my partner and our three cats. Its peaceful. It's quiet. I was thrilled to receive a replacement driver for my 50-year-old Sennheiser HD414 phones. She got a bigger-fish rig and a salmon rig for Xmas. All Daiwa, mostly new but vintage reels for bigger trout and salmon. I need to find a spare ultralight rod (has to be Daiwa). Preferably vintage.

Not everyone adheres to the script we're fed. J and I are non-religious, so that script means nothing.

8. Likes Jetspray, MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree wealth is only relative, my family is where it is at. They always came first in my book. Worked rotating shifts, and weekends, and holidays from 1969 to 2006 when I retired. Some folks could never take those types of schedules, nor cope with what family had to sacrifice to have me do that either. I always kept them on the top of the list no matter what...…...Jetspray
    Beautifully said, Mr. Jet! Faithfully answering the "high calling of our daily work" requires dedication and sacrifice of both the worker and their family. It is a team effort. Those that know this are rich indeed.

10. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog, MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Eagle Lake last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    You’re a rich man.

Raising a family is the toughest and most important job any man can have. You’ve done well.

I agree wealth is only relative, my family is where it is at. They always came first in my book. Worked rotating shifts, and weekends, and holidays from 1969 to 2006 when I retired. Some folks could never take those types of schedules, nor cope with what family had to sacrifice to have me do that either. I always kept them on the top of the list no matter what...…...Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

12. Likes Stickman, Waterdog, MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very true, however we all "won't make it out alive". I just love what I have every day and pray as well for my family. Today we have dinner with my son and his wife and then tomorrow it is down the street about 2 blocks to have Christmas day with all of the family at their house. He lives close to me in Gardnerville, my grandson and his family in downtown Carson City and my daughter and her 3 girls (grandkids) live in South Reno. It is why I moved here in the first place to be close to my family...…..Jetspray
    You’re a rich man.

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Eagle Lake last weekend

"Hey now, that's enough of that talk. You're too grouchy to let physical therapy get the better of you."

Very true, however we all "won't make it out alive". I just love what I have every day and pray as well for my family. Today we have dinner with my son and his wife and then tomorrow it is down the street about 2 blocks to have Christmas day with all of the family at their house. He lives close to me in Gardnerville, my grandson and his family in downtown Carson City and my daughter and her 3 girls (grandkids) live in South Reno. It is why I moved here in the first place to be close to my family...…..Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

I too am what my dad called "God's waiting room" too. Just one day at a time. My son was over yesterday and wanted me to set up for a camping trip in August for his family, I am still doing physical therapy for my latest surgery to get back on my feet. I just let him know I would like to be there if possible but don't set up anything for me and my wife...…...Jetspray

Hey now, that's enough of that talk. You're too grouchy to let physical therapy get the better of you. Planning family and fishing trips, then remembering them after is normally better than the actual event anyhow. They last longer, and you forget the one's that got away after a while. It also gives folks reasons to get up in the morning and grind through the chores of the day, to enjoy those treasures of good times with family and friends. Families depend on you more than they let on. They depend on knowing you're there even if it's not in person every day. It's a big picture sometimes not-so-obvious thing, but it's an important thing none the less.

Besides, if you don't put out a few fishing reports a year, you get put on the opinionated old geezer list. That list's already full. Most of us enjoy your comments even if they're frequently an opportunity to poke fun, but they are appreciated by a community, be it over the keyboard or elsewhere. Get up, do your therapy work, enjoy the day, hug the family and plan the next trip. A bunch of folks count on you.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast