Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Delta is Loaded with Striper

We went out there Saturday morning the 23rd., Unfortunately, it didn't work for us. Clear water early in the morning, just couldn't find them. That's a lot of area to cover, sometimes it's just a matter of luck, unless the birds are working.
    Fished the morning at the West bank until about 10:15am. It definitely was troll able, Searched shallow and deep, zig zag , hop scotch, no love.
    We did pick up two small keeper stripers, and a few shakers trolling 10ft range. Saw a few other boats hook shakers.
    Water on the incoming tide started turning into mud, about 10am, yuk. It was muddy all the way to Sherman Island and past.,,

Decided it was time to move out of there and head over to the SJ river.
    Grass and hysion was still over there. Water temp everywhere was about 56*f.

We did hook about 6 shakers jigging. Just couldn't find any good clusters that day. Nothing on the troll.
    BUT,,, it was a beautiful day and the weather was great.

I'll do the yard work next weekend.... Hahaha, did I just say that...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delta is Loaded with Striper

Quote Originally Posted by chuexiong View Post
    You're making me want to call in sick. Lol. Thanks for the report.

Thanks for the report.

Is the west bank from Collinsville to 3 mile slough ?

Post Thanks / Like

You're making me want to call in sick. Lol. Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sounds like a great day of fishing.
    Thanks for the report.
    I was trying to decide where to go tomorrow, now I know.
    I will work that area first, and then see what the rest of the Delta has to offer.

Thanks again for the heads up.
    👍

5. Likes Paintguy, photomonkey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Delta is Loaded with Striper

Just got back from an overnighter on the Delta out of Brannon Island. My intention was to mainly bait fish for sturgeon and see if any striper were home. Just so happened, talked with a few guys pulling out at the ramp and saw them filleting a couple nice striper. Struck up a conversation and they mentioned they did really well trolling the West Bank in the morning.

Figured what the hell lets see if I can mark some fish and drop a jig on them before finding a spot to anchor. Boy, I'm glad I did. Ran right across to the West Bank and they were stacked. From 12-4pm on the outgo I put over 60 fish in the boat while jigging a variety of spoons, from chartuese, green, to purple. Had a hard time getting my spoon to the bottom for the better part of an hour. Most were schoolies with the occasional 8-10lber sprinkled in. FYI, if you are getting into a bunch of fish, switch over to a single hook. It's a lot kinder to the fish when you release them and the hook up ratio was identical.

Before dark, I headed towards the power lines to anchor up for the night and look for sturgeon at this point since I had my fill of stripers. Long story short, worked most of the night and this morning for sturgeon with no luck. Not many marks and no hits on eel or roe.

Had about 2 more hours before I had to head back to the ramp. Stopped in the same place on the West Bank at the tail end of the incoming tide. Jigged up another 20 fish before heading to the barn.

A lot of boats out there today. The majority were trolling or bait fishing didn't see anyone else jigging. Not sure why, the jig bite was ridiculous. 20191121_131632.jpgAnyways, get out there if you can they are all over the Sac side.