Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lake Tahoe 11/9

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Tahoe 11/9

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    Beautiful looking Bow. Yes Macks are easy. Do you think that the LCT will ever catch on?

CC
    I know of 3 caught this summer before they planted last month and at least 10 after they planted. As far as a come back NO! There are to many Macs that eat 18" trout in this lake. They need to plant a lot more big ones in different tributaries around the lake. But then They have to compete with the bows for spawning. They just need to leave it alone it's just fine.
    They tried it at Fallen Leaf and absolutely killed that fishery!

2. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Tahoe 11/9

Beautiful looking Bow. Yes Macks are easy. Do you think that the LCT will ever catch on?

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

4. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Tahoe 11/9

My buddy and I met at his boat at 05:00 with a temperature of 24 degrees out. We loaded up and headed out to get our minnow trap set by 05:15. Then we rigged up waiting for the legal start time. We started fast trolling Rapalas and AC Plugs at 3.2 to 4 on 4 rigs for about an hour and a half or so for a hit that was a BIG bow and he snapped my line right at the boat and swam off with one of my AC Plug. So off to the minnow trap to load up the live well. Threaded minnows on 4 rigs and proceeded to slow troll at .9-1.2 for a few hours for not even one hit. So we put the boat in neutral and reeled in to reevaluate our situation and after a few calls to our other fellow angler buddies on the lake and got the same report. So I suggested to put on some lures that troll good at 2-2.5. Off we went my buddy put on a spoon and something else and I put on a trolling fly that I tied with an action disc and a small Rapala. 15 minutes into our troll I see a very light hit on my rod tip, then another, so I pop it off the downrigger and fought a 2 1/2#-3# bow to the boat and released it. I put out and a few minutes later same thing happened and I got another one that was smaller. After that my buddy gets one on a spoon then it died off for the rest of the day. We had 2 hours left before my buddy had to go. So it's 1:30 almost 70 degrees out and we still wanted to fish. We went to one of our Mac holes and as soon as we got there it was constant action for about 45 minutes, we landed 7 to the boat nothing big 6# was the biggest all released back to the depth they came from. The trout fishing was on the slow side for us that's what we fish for 99% of the time. The Mac fishing is very good right now or anytime for that matter there eating just about anything that is in there face. I think they are some of the easiest fish to catch in Lake Tahoe. Hopefully the trout fishing will pick up soon maybe when the Browns get back in the lake it'll pick up.
    Last edited by MKE; 11-10-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234