Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Tahoe 11/9

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Tahoe 11/9

I think i still have a copy of the VHS Video Rick and Jack made and were selling,,, Think it's "Tahoe Trophy Trout"

2. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

lol...

Ok the Sportsman then

2009. Winner in Mack div.

macks 7-11-09 019.jpg

Second place in brown div.

tahoe 6-7-09 brown 008.jpg

I lived for fishing derbies then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hooks; 11-15-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

4. Likes SteelyMan, MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Outdoorsman brings back some fond memories as a kid. I got my fist pair of moon boots there in the late 70s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    stuffed polar bear
    Yep, that thing was awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

TahoeJeff, thank you for catching my mistake. The Sportsman is what I meant. The little shop ran and operated by Rick after he was getting out of guiding across from the Swiss Chalet.

My brain was thinking Outdoorsman for some reason. That place had the stuffed polar bear inside.

Damn I'm getting old........
    Last edited by Snowtrout; 11-14-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJeff1 View Post
    There seems to be some confusion.
    The OUTDOORSMAN was the large sporting goods store just west of the Truckee river on Hwy 50 where Grocery Outlet is now. That is the place Hooks is recalling.
    The SPORTSMAN was the small place at the intersection of Sierra Blvd. and Hwy 50. Blue Dog Pizza is there now. That is the place Snowtrout is talking about.
    As SteelyMan thought, Jack Martin has passed away. Rick has left Tahoe, I think. One of their key employees: Mike Nielsen is the kick ass guide/owner of Tahoe Topliners Sportfishing.
    Correct,,, Wasn't Long's Drug there for a while too, used to sell live Minnows. Good days for sure.

9. Likes burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be some confusion.
    The OUTDOORSMAN was the large sporting goods store just west of the Truckee river on Hwy 50 where Grocery Outlet is now. That is the place Hooks is recalling.
    The SPORTSMAN was the small place at the intersection of Sierra Blvd. and Hwy 50. Blue Dog Pizza is there now. That is the place Snowtrout is talking about.
    As SteelyMan thought, Jack Martin has passed away. Rick has left Tahoe, I think. One of their key employees: Mike Nielsen is the kick ass guide/owner of Tahoe Topliners Sportfishing.

Post Thanks / Like

The Outdoorsman .... Brings back memories of the fishing derbies they put on. If I remember correctly the derby lasted from Memorial Day to Labor Day? I only placed in 1993. Second place Brown and ninth place Rainbow. All the rest put me in the "also ran" category. Sad day when they closed.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    TahoeJeff, if I remember right, most Tahoe locals were for re-introducing cutts at Fallen Leaf since the lake was full of “rat macks” and a cutt fishery might do better. I even signed a petition in support of this at the Outdoorsmen.

The fishery changed, in support of the locals, but the outcomes have not lived up to peoples expectations. You can complain, do nothing and live with the current results or voice your opinion, ask questions to those who changed it and see what can be done.
    Time to change the subject,, anyone know where Rick or Jack from the Outdoorsmen are these days ? Jack still with us or gone fishin in the Sky?

13. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it really hard to believe the fish are only 14-16”. Trout eat each other. Maybe people arent pulling big fish baits to focus on the larger fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast