Thread: Courtright 11-9

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Courtright 11-9

Courtwright is our favorite trout lake. We have so many trout by only paddling our canoe and toplining Rapalas and nightcrawlers on wedding rings. The motion of the paddling makes the gear rise and fall in the column and the trout can't resist it. I have a boat with downriggers but can't seem to match the success of a canoe.

2. Likes MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Courtright better. Wishon gets very busy on weekend days, especially good weather and courtright tends to have a lot less anglers and really good scenery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    Courtright or Wishon, Courtright or Wishon? Always a decision when heading east on the Dinkey Creek road from Shaver. Courtright got the nod this time and I arrived in the afternoon to a lake down 40-50’ with just a handful of people fishing. Water was clear and cold and the air crisp with a nice breeze coming over the dam. Launched the boat and just as I was letting out for my first trolling run by the dam, a small rainbow hit before my line was in the downrigger release. Tried trolling the east side of the lake at 30’ for nothing. Then tried toplining In the shallows for the rest of the day. Only area I had any real action was on the west side of the lake before going into the bay where Nelson creek empty’s in.

In total, 8 rainbows and 2 browns visited my boat. All were in the 11-12” range and were caught in 10-20’ of water on either a rainbow or black/silver rapala. Bank anglers were also doing well near the dam on power bait and spoons. Lake should fish well until the first snow closes access or the road shuts down on Dec 1.
    Hey Snow Trout, great report. You gave us a ton of info including a report on how the bankers were doing. Wish I could have been there!

Post Thanks / Like

Courtright 11-9

Courtright or Wishon, Courtright or Wishon? Always a decision when heading east on the Dinkey Creek road from Shaver. Courtright got the nod this time and I arrived in the afternoon to a lake down 40-50’ with just a handful of people fishing. Water was clear and cold and the air crisp with a nice breeze coming over the dam. Launched the boat and just as I was letting out for my first trolling run by the dam, a small rainbow hit before my line was in the downrigger release. Tried trolling the east side of the lake at 30’ for nothing. Then tried toplining In the shallows for the rest of the day. Only area I had any real action was on the west side of the lake before going into the bay where Nelson creek empty’s in.

In total, 8 rainbows and 2 browns visited my boat. All were in the 11-12” range and were caught in 10-20’ of water on either a rainbow or black/silver rapala. Bank anglers were also doing well near the dam on power bait and spoons. Lake should fish well until the first snow closes access or the road shuts down on Dec 1.

6. Likes Stickman, hooks, one more cast liked this post