Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Folsom 11/23

inland fisheries advocate
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Folsom 11/23

Fish and wildlife planted 100,000 fingerlings in May. It would be better if they grew them to yearlings like for Oroville & Shasta...

2. Likes soki, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    While I don't disagree with your last post, it is also true that Folsom can be a very tough lake to work with anything even remotely resembling consistency. In my humble opinion, it is a largely wasted game fish management opportunity (for both warm and cold water species.) It used to be a lot of fun to fish in the 90's when DFG was planting king salmon with regularity. Especially when the lake would turn over in late fall. I stopped spending my time (and yearly rising fees!) there about 2006. Haven't read any reports to make me think I should try it again. I do enjoy quite a bit of success trout and land-locked salmon fishing many other Nor-Cal lakes, and I get out on the Delta to chase stripers just as often.
    I know this lake and couldn't agree more with what you've stated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    I frequently get the impression the only thing some folks like better than catching fish, is griping about not catching fish. He ain't happy unless he ain't happy syndrome.....
    While I don't disagree with your last post, it is also true that Folsom can be a very tough lake to work with anything even remotely resembling consistency. In my humble opinion, it is a largely wasted game fish management opportunity (for both warm and cold water species.) It used to be a lot of fun to fish in the 90's when DFG was planting king salmon with regularity. Especially when the lake would turn over in late fall. I stopped spending my time (and yearly rising fees!) there about 2006. Haven't read any reports to make me think I should try it again. I do enjoy quite a bit of success trout and land-locked salmon fishing many other Nor-Cal lakes, and I get out on the Delta to chase stripers just as often.

5. Likes Folsomtroller22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I frequently get the impression the only thing some folks like better than catching fish, is griping about not catching fish. He ain't happy unless he ain't happy syndrome.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whalonem View Post
    You nailed that, DFW has no program for Folsom, being only a few miles from Nimbus hatchery you'd think that Folsom could be a depository for all the left over/spoiledge from the hatchery. Its a total joke of a State Department. Whalonem
    It's primary purpose is flood control. Fishing and maybe catching, not so much. It is and remains an unfortunate situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soki View Post
    Sure do wish they would manage that lake with fishing in mind.
    You nailed that, DFW has no program for Folsom, being only a few miles from Nimbus hatchery you'd think that Folsom could be a depository for all the left over/spoiledge from the hatchery. Its a total joke of a State Department. Whalonem

9. Likes soki, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure do wish they would manage that lake with fishing in mind.

11. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Atta-boy, thats the way to get after them. Soon the the water will cool and it will be on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Looks like it was a nice day to be on the water today.

Post Thanks / Like

Folsom 11/23

Hit Folsom today got a late start at 9am. Headed up the south fork. Marked some bait and went to work. Only on taker today, 1 king caught at 25ft otw on a sliver red head excel spoon.speed 2.3 water temp 60 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12