Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: West Coaster 152 by Klamath recall

The only reply I got was after New Years, they said they were going to look into it. I have been emailing but have not received a reply yet. I have sent a private message to Kamakalama that I am interested in legal action when they get back from travels.

Post Thanks / Like

Never got a reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Has Klamath responded to any West Coaster 152 owners, who have tried to contact them?

Klamath Boats contact info:

Klamath Boats
    5199 Fulton Drive, Suite I
    Fairfield, CA 94534

Phone: (707) 643-0447
    info@klamathboats.com

Post Thanks / Like

In early December, I submitted a consumer complaint about the recall to Washington State Attorney General. (see the earlier post)

As expected, they completed their inquiry without response from Klamath. They have no power to force matters and no further action will be taken.

If any Westcoaster 152 owner wants to participate in a legal inquiry (to see if we have a case) please send a PM. I'll be traveling until late March and will get into it in April.

Jeff (Kamakalama)
    Last edited by Kamakalama; 01-22-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HNR View Post
    Actually there is only one choice for me. It looks like I will have to get the fix. Then I will sell the boat. I am sure Klamath will not be looking to make any other fixes or offers to us. It will be cheaper to do this than hire a lawyer. Won't be buying another Klamath. Still have not had a response to my email after almost three weeks.
    I would send a follow up and explain again why you are having an issue and what you want specifically. When it comes to returning money I think we can guess which direction they are going to go. It is just too bad customers have to pay for their negligence.

Anyway, Hopefully there are a lot of folks looking for that size windshield boat. I hope things fall into place for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Like i said before , i would just remove them. Klamath has to install them but you don't have to keep them in. How many of these boats have sunk ? You taking this boat out in the Ocean ?
    Just keep them and when you sell it give them to the buyer, tell him the story and screw them back in before he drives off and let him decide to take them back out or not.
    You can also ignore the recall.

You wouldn't be the first guy to remove foam from their boat.
    Alumaweld Strykers had same thing and alot of guys just unscrewed the boxes and took them out.

There are probably a hundred of this model out there without them. Sure it's a bummer but enjoy your boat.

Just my 2 cents

7. Likes OYD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually there is only one choice for me. It looks like I will have to get the fix. Then I will sell the boat. I am sure Klamath will not be looking to make any other fixes or offers to us. It will be cheaper to do this than hire a lawyer. Won't be buying another Klamath. Still have not had a response to my email after almost three weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by troutmagnet916 View Post
    ... was told that all of the 2020 models have already had floatation boxes installed. So I guess that is the fix for even the new models. ...
    And there you have it.

I don't think Klamath is going to refund or discount anything. It's unfortunate, like taking a bitter pill, it is what it is.

Going down the "legal" avenue will only make the lawyers richer, nothing more.

One has two choices...live with what the fix is or sell the boat.

Gotta wake up and smell the coffee.
    But hey, I could be wrong .

235 Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish_junky View Post
    If you want something similar, take a look at the Gregor boats. I love mine. There is a few different models
    at the ISE show this weekend.
    I have found that the Gregors have a wider beam, which won't work well in my parking spot.

I called a Klamath dealer today to inquire whether Klamath had fixed the issue on the 2020 Westcoaster 152 model, and was told that all of the 2020 models have already had floatation boxes installed. So I guess that is the fix for even the new models. Interesting, as their marketing photos do not show these boxes at all.
    They told me that they have not really had anyone complain about the floatation boxes and that they have just been turning them into extra seats....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by troutmagnet916 View Post
    I had been seriously considering buying a used one of these, but after seeing the "fix", I have to cross this model off of my list completely. I hope owners are able to demand a better fix from Klamath. This also makes me worry about whether the 16 EXW model meets coast guard requirements.
    If you want something similar, take a look at the Gregor boats. I love mine. There is a few different models
    at the ISE show this weekend.
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

12. Likes Ldubs liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast