Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Niners Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Niners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Expedition View Post
    Soooooo fired up as well! we've waited a long time for this. if/when we make it to the SB i'm 100% going.

I've never been to a SB and now that my team finally has a shot I'm not missing this for nothin'

Told my wife already and I got the green light... woo-hoo!
    Think twice before you go.

I was a newspaper photographer for 30 years and covered SB XXIII in Miami. It's not as great an experience as you might think. Take a TON of money and expect to go home flat broke. I was lucky, I was paid to be there, but I saw MANY miserable fans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jfitalia View Post
    There hasn't been a report of any players kneeling this season.
    I don't begrudge you following the NFL if you chose. But there is still no NFL policy prohibiting player protests at games. The policy the owners adopted was suspended due to protests by the players union.

https://billypenn.com/2019/09/05/mal...y-on-kneeling/

Post Thanks / Like

Nail biter last night but kicker came thru.

235 Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

4. Likes Waterdog, LD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    That would be news to me. I know that I have read of players kneeling for the anthem even this season. If what you say is true, I commend the NFL for telling their employees to make their political statements off of paid "company" time, but the damage has been done. The NFL bowed to the America-hating leftists and it has cost them - just like Dick's Sporting goods - in reduced revenue and respect. If they can straighten up and show some basic respect to the people that actually keep this country running day in and day out, and they can win back the trust that they betrayed, then good for them.

I have more of a Tom Smothers philosophy on this one: Trying to chastise Tom's thinking in a dispute his bother, Dick asked him "If CBS told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?" Tom replied " Not again!" In other words, "fool me twice; shame on me." I will not criticize those that want to follow professional sports because despite the best efforts of enemies without and within, this is still a free country. But I will not be returning any time soon.

I do appreciate your correction on the stance of the NFL. And thank you for your post.
    There hasn't been a report of any players kneeling this season.

6. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jfitalia View Post
    Except the NFL did ban players from protesting the anthem.
    That would be news to me. I know that I have read of players kneeling for the anthem even this season. If what you say is true, I commend the NFL for telling their employees to make their political statements off of paid "company" time, but the damage has been done. The NFL bowed to the America-hating leftists and it has cost them - just like Dick's Sporting goods - in reduced revenue and respect. If they can straighten up and show some basic respect to the people that actually keep this country running day in and day out, and they can win back the trust that they betrayed, then good for them.

I have more of a Tom Smothers philosophy on this one: Trying to chastise Tom's thinking in a dispute his bother, Dick asked him "If CBS told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?" Tom replied " Not again!" In other words, "fool me twice; shame on me." I will not criticize those that want to follow professional sports because despite the best efforts of enemies without and within, this is still a free country. But I will not be returning any time soon.

I do appreciate your correction on the stance of the NFL. And thank you for your post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    When MLB players were threatening to go on a season ending strike in 1994, I told anyone who would listen that I would not watch, attend, or listen to another MLB game for the rest of my life if they walked off the job. They walked, and I haven't looked back since. (note: I was a California Angels fan from boyhood through my 20's - was able to witness one of Nolan Ryan's no hitters in Anaheim- becoming a SF Giants fan after moving to the Bay Area in 1980)

When the NFL with 49ers management in the lead - refused to tell the players to protest on their own time and allowed the monstrous disrespect of our flag and country, I did the same thing with the NFL. Millions of us have discovered how easy it is to live without following professional sports. Not that I would not be happy to have a beer with folks who still follow sports, ( including my fishing buddy of 20 + years!)but don't expect me to watch the game. I'd rather be fishing (and I usually am.)

Except the NFL did ban players from protesting the anthem.

Post Thanks / Like

When MLB players were threatening to go on a season ending strike in 1994, I told anyone who would listen that I would not watch, attend, or listen to another MLB game for the rest of my life if they walked off the job. They walked, and I haven't looked back since. (note: I was a California Angels fan from boyhood through my 20's - was able to witness one of Nolan Ryan's no hitters in Anaheim- becoming a SF Giants fan after moving to the Bay Area in 1980)

When the NFL with 49ers management in the lead - refused to tell the players to protest on their own time and allowed the monstrous disrespect of our flag and country, I did the same thing with the NFL. Millions of us have discovered how easy it is to live without following professional sports. Not that I would not be happy to have a beer with folks who still follow sports, ( including my fishing buddy of 20 + years!)but don't expect me to watch the game. I'd rather be fishing (and I usually am.)

10. Likes Jetspray, BDuck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salmonhead#1 View Post
    Sorry but I hate the 9rs, Been a die hard Raiders fan my whole life. My team however SUCKS ! again. Looks like its the same thing again. Wait till next year. Wait till next year. Wait till next year. Get tired of saying that. But I would rather see a California team win than someone else. Especially the Patriots. Guess I will have to go to my buddies house who is a die hard 9rs fan to watch playoff football and bbq some good meat and drink beer. Guess its better than doing chores. There is always next year. Go Raiders Dave
    I was born and raised in Oakland and as a kid use to attend Raider games at Frank Yuell field in Oakland where they played before the Coliseum was built. They were a great and fun team back then and during the years of Kenny the snake Stabler and Daryl Lamonica, George Blanda, Big Ben Davidison, Tom Keating, Dave Grayson, 00 Jim Otto and many others. But they changed over the years to a bunch of jerks. They developed their bad boy image and attracted a lot thugs. I was a bad ass in my youth but never did like their bad ass thug image. Their football play deteriorated and for a long time have been at most an average or below average team and thats all theyve been. When they went to LA I was done with them . Now they are going to Las Vegas. I call them the Traitors not the Raiders. I understand its all about business and profit but for many reasons they lost me as a fan.
    ive always liked the 9ers even when I was a Traitor fan and I started really liking them during the hay days of Joe Montana and the others greats from that time. They are a fun team to watch. They have a great organization. The 9ers have a certain spirit that many teams lack. Ill be watching and cheering them and hope they go all the way. Go 9ers. Im not criticizing anyone for being a Raider fan, each to their own, just giving the reasons why Im done with them. When the teams started kneeling during the anthem I stopped watching them at all. Just started watching again this year.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

12. Likes TBSP, Hookem2004, Salmonhead#1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I hate the 9rs, Been a die hard Raiders fan my whole life. My team however SUCKS ! again. Looks like its the same thing again. Wait till next year. Wait till next year. Wait till next year. Get tired of saying that. But I would rather see a California team win than someone else. Especially the Patriots. Guess I will have to go to my buddies house who is a die hard 9rs fan to watch playoff football and bbq some good meat and drink beer. Guess its better than doing chores. There is always next year. Go Raiders Dave

14. Likes redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bish0p View Post
    The Niners exceeded my wish for them to improve to 8-8 at the start of the season.

The only teams I fear are Seattle, New Orleans, and Baltimore.
    All three of those games were won or loss by a field goal. So it should be a good match up in the playoffs. But it wouldn't be exciting if they weren't good matchups.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast