Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lowrance LSS2 transducer mounting location

Quote Originally Posted by ReelJerks View Post
    The nice thing about offshore brackets is it gets the outboard leg beyond the structure beam. You should be fine but pics of your transom would help.
    Thanks for the reply. I attended the ISE show last weekend and spoke to someone on the Lowrance pro staff. He said I should be fine to mount it on the stern where the existing transducer is located.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lowrance LSS2 transducer mounting location

The nice thing about offshore brackets is it gets the outboard leg beyond the structure beam. You should be fine but pics of your transom would help.
    Pro Staff - MACK'S-SHASTA TACKLE CO
    Pro Staff - SCOTTY FISHING
    Pro Staff - SHARK TROLLING PRODUCTS
    Pro-Staff - WATER WOLF HD CAMERAS
    Ambassador - Pro-Cure Bait Scents

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance LSS2 transducer mounting location

I just picked up a used Lowrance HDS 12 touch to mount on my 20' Northriver Seahawk. It has an offshore bracket and I am wondering where to properly mount the two transducers, a LSS2 sidescan and 83/200mhz. The existing transducer, which I will remove, is currently mounted on the stern of the boat on the starboard side. Seems like i were to mount the LSS2 at that location, the beam would be blocked by the offshore bracket.

Just looking for some advice and possibly photos from other boat owners that run an offshore bracket.

Thank you.