Post Thanks / Like

Re: Olympic Peninsula reporting...2020

Quote Originally Posted by Troutinator View Post
    I miss the Olympic Peninsula and WA in general so much. I was stationed with the US Navy from 88-93 and spent many days on the water chasing salmon and rockfish from Whidbey Island all the way to Tattoosh Island. Missing Sequim, Sekiu and Port Angeles. Some day, I might just have to trailer my boat up there for a week just for old memories. My wife and I would be trolling for blackmouths off of Whidbey Island with snow falling all around us. Didn't care, it was what we did.
    Feb 1....area 9.......maybe a trip to the point off whidbey when area 7 opens

already have my PT boat haven pass....007

this year we're going to concentrate on 4...neah bay and seiku...when things open up

Even after the fire....things look good...when you're fishing off the olympics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Hooks View Post
    opening King seasons are spread all over the place...blackmouth opens Feb 1 in area 9 so I'll be there....I have some questions in to WASH DFG right now about area 4 openings for 20.....

I'll do my best to keep my finger on the scale and my ear to the ground

It'll take a bit to get back up to speed with names.....but I do recognize some...Kevin
    I miss the Olympic Peninsula and WA in general so much. I was stationed with the US Navy from 88-93 and spent many days on the water chasing salmon and rockfish from Whidbey Island all the way to Tattoosh Island. Missing Sequim, Sekiu and Port Angeles. Some day, I might just have to trailer my boat up there for a week just for old memories. My wife and I would be trolling for blackmouths off of Whidbey Island with snow falling all around us. Didn't care, it was what we did.

3. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

opening King seasons are spread all over the place...blackmouth opens Feb 1 in area 9 so I'll be there....I have some questions in to WASH DFG right now about area 4 openings for 20.....

I'll do my best to keep my finger on the scale and my ear to the ground

It'll take a bit to get back up to speed with names.....but I do recognize some...Kevin
    Last edited by Rusty_Hooks; 12-30-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the opening of king season is coming up. Looking forward to your post and reports my friend. Wish I could move up there.
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear you are well and fishing.
    You can’t fix stupid, no matter how much duct tape you use!
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

Post Thanks / Like

Olympic Peninsula reporting...2020

Well....after an extended Hiatus....I'm back
    I'll be offering some reports on the peninsula fishing as the seasons progress....nice to see some old faces.....errrr..older faces

8. Likes CDK, fish_junky, Stickman liked this post