Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mather Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mather Lake

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbear View Post
    Cool trip, cool Cyberpunk 2077 Costume! Angled that lake when I was positioned at Mather AFB, 1974-77. Relatively few individuals thought about the large mouths in that lake at that point yet I sure did and destroyed em!
    I have thought about checking it out,

Post Thanks / Like

Cool trip, cool Cyberpunk 2077 Costume! Angled that lake when I was positioned at Mather AFB, 1974-77. Relatively few individuals thought about the large mouths in that lake at that point yet I sure did and destroyed em!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow! The “dam” looks completely different, use to just be a big round pipe under the levee. Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I saw trout that day, they were stuck under the dam and kids were on the dam's cement railing, trying to fish for them. But they were spooking them more than anything, but they had caught two using this "method" of theirs :)2018-02-06_0852.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by natemeister View Post
    Yep, that's them. I saw a carp on the ground by the trash can, still alive and they were pulling in another. Just using soggy Pita Bread on a hook. Then they'd spin in around like a lasso a couple of times and cast. Seemed to work for them. I walked the entire lake that day, the backside being really weedy, good if you have a frog or something to get under the weeds.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that's them. I saw a carp on the ground by the trash can, still alive and they were pulling in another. Just using soggy Pita Bread on a hook. Then they'd spin in around like a lasso a couple of times and cast. Seemed to work for them. I walked the entire lake that day, the backside being really weedy, good if you have a frog or something to get under the weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by BaitMaster View Post
    Were those the guys hand-lining across the lake on that point?

I was there in my kayak on 1/28...didn't see any fish/ fish caught.

Wasn't even sure if they stocked trout, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natemeister View Post
    Trout get planted there all the time and then they congregate around a certain area. You can easily see where that area is when you get there :)
    There are bass and I've seen people catch them, but you can easily skunk there.
    I watched as two guys caught HUGE carp from there on 1/28/2018. I asked and they planned to clean and then BBQ them.
    I walked around the entire lake and my GPS showed ~ 3 miles. Needs trimming in the back by the road, or you can just walk on shoulder of the road. Also needs trimming by the short par 3 on the golf course. You cannot pass that area right now without jumping the fence onto the golf course. Yes, I did that.

20180128_115818.jpg
    Were those the guys hand-lining across the lake on that point?

I was there in my kayak on 1/28...didn't see any fish/ fish caught.

Wasn't even sure if they stocked trout, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Trout get planted there all the time and then they congregate around a certain area. You can easily see where that area is when you get there :)
    There are bass and I've seen people catch them, but you can easily skunk there.
    I watched as two guys caught HUGE carp from there on 1/28/2018. I asked and they planned to clean and then BBQ them.
    I walked around the entire lake and my GPS showed ~ 3 miles. Needs trimming in the back by the road, or you can just walk on shoulder of the road. Also needs trimming by the short par 3 on the golf course. You cannot pass that area right now without jumping the fence onto the golf course. Yes, I did that.

20180128_115818.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Feb. 10, 2018
    Mather Regional Park
    Sacramento County
    8:15 a.m.- Noon
    Fishing in the City
    TROUT Clinic
    4111 Zinfandel Drive,
    Mather, CA 95655

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jacks View Post
    Anybody ever have any luck at Mather lake? I've fished it a few times for nada, thanks in advance for any tips or info!
    I went back there in late fall and was able to hook up on 3 bass from the shore in the first hour and then it quieted down. I've also caught some ok bluegill there on rainy days when no one is out. Really pressured fish. Hate the poachers too, I see guys frequently with buckets keeping all the fish, pretty sad for an enjoyable small-medium body of water around that you can fish. I have seen people pull channel catfish out of there as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Does this lake still have fish in them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast