Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Geez, where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post
    FB,, IG,, SC,, i look at all this and all i see is WTF.

Guess i'm stuck in some other Century,,,, don't even know which one.
    +1...It seems many people on social media are narcissistic or lost in lala land,just my opinion.Actual web sites like the sniffer,calguns,perfect,union etc are slowing down but a lot of it is people just change,age,new hobbies,lifestyles,priority's, etc.or they become lurkers for whatever reason.Many people I know fish/hunt alot but don't post much due to a lack of response they feel a lack no interest so why bother.Now lookin at the girl pics wes showed us in that Instagram sample I may have t CK. it out,I ain't dead yet,lol. CRABBY

2. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog, CDK, MKE, TBSP, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post

Yep many of us are from another century. We started out when there was no cell phones or computers or much else electronic. We had dial rotory phones, pay phones, b&w tv, radio shows. But we know a lot of useful stuff that the modern generations are clueless about. We can fix and repair things that they know nothing about.
    I can use my smart phone fairly well and my computer and IPad but I am far from a whiz with them. I too look at FB, IG and others and say WTF. They don’t interest me and I don’t think I’m missing anything important to life and well being. I’d rather actually read a real old fashioned book than waste time on some meaningless social media like SC or IG or whatever. We are dinosaurs but some day the current generation will be dinosaurs too.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

4. Likes Jetspray, CDK, TBSP, bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Likes CDK, Waterdog, CRABBY, Jetspray, okie, TBSP, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

IG is pretty much FaceBook for the cool kids. It’s just a picture and video only version of Facebook, also owned by FB. Posts are typically sorted by tags. You can search for #fishsniffer and see all posts that have that tag. #troutfshing, #trouttrolling, etc are popular tags.

By using tags, you can filter out all of the crap, and just view what you want. Here’s a sample of what you see when you search #fishsniffer.

IG is screen names, not real names. Most IG posts are also found on FB since they are seamlessly linked.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    It is really nothing like this format. Facebook is real names and real people. Someone posts something, and others respond. There is a FishSniffer page, but it’s not contained in individual threads like this. If you just want to talk fishing, and don’t care about what someone had for lunch or pics of your neighbor’s cat, then Facebook is overwhelming.
    "If you just want to talk fishing, and don’t care about what someone had for lunch or pics of your neighbor’s cat, then Facebook is overwhelming."

Thanks, "Wes." Your snapshot explanation of Face Book is dead-on accurate. I was wondering if you could give us your take on using Instagram? I confess to being pretty discourage by this discussion. I don't understand how there could not be strong interest in an online fishing vehicle that allows sharing of reports, tips, and gear without having to play the ""social media" games, and quite frankly pay homage to the tyrannical gods that now rule 99% of all internet traffic. I would like to continue to support the Fish Sniffer community, but I refuse to support Face Book in any way.

10. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog, TBSP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good seeing the crabby one again.

12. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am still around as well. Bring on the Spring Pyramid Fest!
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Still here. Been here for awhile. Still post most adventures even if few look. Entropy. All things.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

15. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Geez, where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Hey Don my friend, welcome back! Great having you here again. Be cool, we want you around as long as this site exists.
    Maybe the "smoke" hasn't yet cleared for the "Smog Guy" yet...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don my friend, welcome back! Great having you here again. Be cool, we want you around as long as this site exists.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

18. Likes Jetspray, CRABBY, okie liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast