Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Geez, where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by CRABBY View Post
    Hey Dave,whats for dinner tonight....lol....Don
    Not much I changed my diet Don, but it is paper/paste less. Just not much carbs and more meat. How you been?...Ö...Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Geez, where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Right now I am undergoing Physical Therapy for my hip surgery, you are welcome in my home just PM me, that goes for Wes and the FS fellows too......Jetspray
    Hey Dave,whats for dinner tonight....lol....Don

4. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    I think what you are saying is the days of this site are numbered and probably time is short. Been a good run. When you make the announcement give us some time so we can get certain peoples names, numbers and email addresses so we can stay in touch. Iíve learned a lot from the people on this site and made some friends. Hope to hook up with some of you this year.
    One request , why donít you unban Crabby and let him back on. I donít see at this point what there is to lose by doing so. He was originally in charge of this forum, be nice to have him back. You could always ban him again if you thought it necessary.
    Thanks Ken

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    I unbanned Don years ago, he just chose not to come back. I have also never made any attempt to stop him from posting under his other aliases since then.

I donít see the forums being turned off in the near future, but this platform is very old, and well beyond its prime.
    Been ck'ing every 4/5 months an no go.Just looked an here I is again,LOL..Thanks for one last hurrah.....CRABBY

6. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog, TBSP, GW208, bigfin, okie, CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Geez, where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Thanks Wes! I truly appreciate the information and your candor. Youíre a good guy.
    Right now I am undergoing Physical Therapy for my hip surgery, you are welcome in my home just PM me, that goes for Wes and the FS fellows too......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes Waterdog, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Geez, where is everyone?

I hope the NSA liked my pic of the big king I landed on Oroville last week.
    Wes I love you man but the reality is that Trump just made a deal with Macron of France and guess what it was about? It was all about keeping the streaming information coming in and the ability of those steaming sites to share information with them. Why do you think that the Chinese have their hooks imbedded in Google and all of the internet?...Ö...Jetspray

10. Likes AnglingWes, CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope the NSA liked my pic of the big king I landed on Oroville last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. Likes Jetspray, Ldubs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Geez, where is everyone?

Iím here. Itís no secret that web forums are a thing of the past. This is basically two decade old social media. Itís time has come and gone. We keep it on life support, but donít expect an influx of users and posts.
    Do you know about the very large information gathering NSA site in Ft Meade Maryland? Do you know about the site south of Salt Lake City Utah? The folks that run those also are involved in Facebook, Snap Chat, or etc etc etc.....Any and all electronic conveyances or anything verbal/non-verbal communication up to and including walkie talkies...Ö.Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
    Thank you for the quick response. My wife uses FB. I'll take a look at the FS page using her acct. I suspect I will be overwhelmed, but I guess I should at least dip my big toe into the 21st century. Lol.

PS: I know we don't use real names here on the forum, but I am definitely a real person!! Haha.

Take care.
    i'm not, i'm just a figment of my imagination, i'm really back on ridge ave
    in Muskogee where I was raised. but that's just wishful thinking.
    be safe

15. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog, CDK, Ldubs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is really nothing like this format. Facebook is real names and real people. Someone posts something, and others respond. There is a FishSniffer page, but itís not contained in individual threads like this. If you just want to talk fishing, and donít care about what someone had for lunch or pics of your neighborís cat, then Facebook is overwhelming.

Thank you for the quick response. My wife uses FB. I'll take a look at the FS page using her acct. I suspect I will be overwhelmed, but I guess I should at least dip my big toe into the 21st century. Lol.

PS: I know we don't use real names here on the forum, but I am definitely a real person!! Haha.

Take care.

17. Likes okie, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
    I have no idea how this type of back and forth happens on FB. How do I see what is happening on FB or IG? Once I sign up for one of those places is it as simple as searching for FS? I would like to find the robust conversations you mention. I just need a little help. Darn, I feel like an old timer now. Haha

Thanks.

PS: In those places, meaning FB & IG, can we use screen names or is it real names? Not sure it is a deal breaker for me, but I would like to know.
    It is really nothing like this format. Facebook is real names and real people. Someone posts something, and others respond. There is a FishSniffer page, but itís not contained in individual threads like this. If you just want to talk fishing, and donít care about what someone had for lunch or pics of your neighborís cat, then Facebook is overwhelming.

19. Likes Jetspray, Stickman, bigfin, SteelyMan liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast