Thread: Pine Flat 1/19

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pine Flat 1/19

Quote Originally Posted by nvthis View Post
    I've never fished here, but aces on the report!
    "Aces" for sure, on the report. Your reports are always well written and informative. Thanks, Snowtrout!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pine Flat 1/19

I've never fished here, but aces on the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Pine Flat 1/19

Wife and I decided to try Pine Flat to see how the fishing would be. Knew it was going to be tough since I had not fished here in 2 years and had not fished in the winter here in 5. Anyway, launched out of Deer Creek. Right now the lake is low and the launch ramp is at a very shallow angle, meaning you have to put all 4 wheels into the water to get enough water under your boat to float off. Tried trolling in the Deer creek area and caught a 15" spotted bass off the downrigger at 40'. Trolled out in front and caught a feisty little rainbow off the top line. Ran over to the dam area and caught another little rainbow on the top line but nothing else. After a few hours of nothing and the wind putting a nice chill into the air, we headed back to the launch to find that a local bass tournament was finishing up and six trucks were already in line to pull their boats out. Trolled Deer Creek again while the crowd was thinning out at the ramp and caught a little bass off the downrigger.

Overall, a very slow, cloudy day. Fish deep seemed to be only bass, with the rainbows spread out on top. Spoons in shad patterns got the 2 trout and 2 bass. Didn't see any shad schools or concentrations of fish anywhere we looked. Was hoping to maybe catch a king, planted over the last two years, but saw nothing shallow or deep indicating they might be around. If fishing over here, the Trimmer area might be a better option right now then the main body of water, plus the ramp angle is steeper.

Side note: there must be a rowing program for teens taking place at Pine Flat right now. We saw multiple 9 person rowing boats, 2 person rowers and chase boats heading out of the Deer Creek ramp area towards the dam. Pretty cool to see and some of those boats were going fairly fast.
    Last edited by Snowtrout; 01-24-2020 at 11:07 AM.

4. Likes nvthis, Stickman liked this post