Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone know of any lakes that might have a sturgeon or two swimming around?

I never saw one but i'm convinced they are in Lexington Reservoir. years ago (10+) i was fishing with my bro-in-law right by the damn for trout. we were using powerbait and night crawlers. we had simple trout set ups with no more than 6 or 8lb test. anyhow i hooked something BIG....it ran for a while then would allow me to reel in some line, and then ran again..etc...for about 40min this went on and on. I was careful with the drag because I didn't want to snap whatever it was off. No way it was a trout and maybe it could have been a large catfish, but after 40min this thing wasn't getting tired...this is why i'm pretty sure it was a sturgeon. Finally after 40min i got impatient and slowly tightened the drag...that was enough for it to eventually snap me off :-(

i never saw it come close to the surface, so i cant confirm, but i suspect it was a sturgeon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSavina View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I see to remember that same rumor. If you look at the sheer size of that place it seems reasonable to think there might be one in there. Have you caught Sturgeon yourself in San Pablo?
    Personal no, but more than one friend has. their not big but three keepers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSH View Post
    I have heard that there sturgeon at Lake Berryessa, but I know they're Sturgeon in the San Pablo Reservior
    I lived at and fished Berryessa for about 15 years. Never herd of sturgeon there. It wouldn’t surprise me tho.

Post Thanks / Like

They planted sturgeon in most lakes to keep the bottom “clean”. They’re in all Bay Area lakes. Small lakes to large reservoirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

They are in lake shasta, some guy fishes for them every year. Also last year it was reported two guys helped a sturgeon in lake shasta , there was a catfish stuck in it's throat. Revived it, which took 2 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

San Luis reservoir has alittle population. See them jump sometimes when the lake is low during the summer and they ain’t small either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSH View Post
    I have heard that there sturgeon at Lake Berryessa, but I know they're Sturgeon in the San Pablo Reservior

Thanks for the feedback! I see to remember that same rumor. If you look at the sheer size of that place it seems reasonable to think there might be one in there. Have you caught Sturgeon yourself in San Pablo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSavina View Post
    For years I've heard rumors of sturgeon swimming around in various bay area lakes. Can anyone verify if this is true?? What have you heard???

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know of any lakes that might have a sturgeon or two swimming around?

For years I've heard rumors of sturgeon swimming around in various bay area lakes. Can anyone verify if this is true?? What have you heard???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12