Thread: FFL Question

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FFL Question

Keep in mind that it is illegal in California this wonderful communist utopia to possess any lead ammo while hunting. 100% non lead for hunting.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou, moved around a lot for work over the last 8 years, heads spinning a bit with keeping up laws, hunting regs, fishing regs, licences etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Purchasers of handguns must provide proof of California residency, such as a utility bill, residential lease, property deed, or government-issued identification (other than a driver license or other DMV-issued identification), and either (1) possess a Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) plus successfully complete a safety demonstration with their recently purchased handgun or (2) qualify for an HSC exemption.
    I am not aware this applys to long guns but it may. Since presenting a utility bill is easy and simple that’s what I’d do. At that time tell them you are aware the law apply to handguns but ask if they are certain it apples to long guns.
    Many many years ago I was FFL but that was before the zillion new gun laws enacted over the last 20 years.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

FFL Question

It's for a "big game" rifle, so I hope appropriate in this section.

Moved to California a year ago, bought my guns with me. I used an FFL to purchase a gun after moving, and now a year later I am using an FFL for another purchase. This FFL, apart from normal forms of ID etc is now asking for a copy of utility bill or deed to house as well. I don't recall this being the case from my use of an FFL a year ago. My question relates to if this is mandated through the state then thats one thing, but if they have decided to themselves throw another layer of bureaucracy on what is already a painful process, then I will not use them again.
    Thankyou for any information.