Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any good spots along Highway 1 between Santa Cruz and Pescadero Creek

Caltrout has some interesting information on their website. They do a lot of habitat restoration projects related to trout and salmon.

I always thought that if I didn’t have to work for a living, volunteering with these types of groups and efforts would be a rewarding thing to do.

In any event, there might be some information you find interesting there under their projects both in the Bay Area and North Coast.

2. Likes TBSP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=saizo;1176965]Those central coast streams are no fishing when the flows are low and when there is enough water you can only fish it on certain days. I know the San Lorenzo has fish but not many. And Soquel creek received a plant four or 5 years back. I’ve fished the San Lorenzo many times for a sucker fish and a couple smolts. There’s a fish and wildlife hotline to call to see what is open and what’s not. Sorry i don’t have the number offhand

Appreciate the information, are there any other creeks/rivers you are aware of other than those 2?

thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Those central coast streams are no fishing when the flows are low and when there is enough water you can only fish it on certain days. I know the San Lorenzo has fish but not many. And Soquel creek received a plant four or 5 years back. I’ve fished the San Lorenzo many times for a sucker fish and a couple smolts. There’s a fish and wildlife hotline to call to see what is open and what’s not. Sorry i don’t have the number offhand

Post Thanks / Like

I also want to know!

Post Thanks / Like

Any good spots along Highway 1 between Santa Cruz and Pescadero Creek

Hey guys, I'm not very experienced at steelhead fishing and was wondering if there are any good spots along Highway 1 in between Santa Cruz and Pescadero. One spot that really intrigues me is Arroyo De Los Frijoles. At last on the map it looks like it has all of the right attributes to support steelhead or even costal rainbow trout. I found some old data from the early 1900s that said something about steelhead washing over the dam of Lake Lucerne during high water years.

For clarification Luke Lucerne appears to have inflow and outflow of Arroyo de los Frijoles and is not too far from where the river comes in from the ocean, it looks to be just east of highway one.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ar...4d-122.4094196

I'm adding a link to a map that shows all of this, anyone have any information?

thanks!