Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there any way to fish a part of Crystal Springs or Upper San Andreas Reservoir

Back in the late 60's, I worked for a company that was putting in a pipeline from Sunol to Crystal Springs reservoir for the city of San Francisco. I got to know one of the city inspectors pretty well and he told me mostly ver batim what Sara-pee said! Certain people were allowed to fish in Crystal Springs, mostly executives for various companies. They were always with water agency personnel.

2. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there any way to fish a part of Crystal Springs or Upper San Andreas Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by sarahpee View Post
    Both these answers are serious

1) just tell them you are illegal alien and they will let you go, just like when they drive without license, insurance or car registration, they are told to just let them go, oh don't forget to mention sanctuary city/state

2) get a job with San Francisco public utilities commission. They let senior employees live in several houses on reservoir property well below market rate, and the house near hiway 92 has a boathouse & boat for your use.
    Your #1 is probably the dumbest answer to anything. None of the offenses you mentioned are arrestable, they are all citations only, and illegals are given those citations daily. Stop with the ignorant comments.

4. Likes BrotherWilliams liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both these answers are serious

1) just tell them you are illegal alien and they will let you go, just like when they drive without license, insurance or car registration, they are told to just let them go, oh don't forget to mention sanctuary city/state

2) get a job with San Francisco public utilities commission. They let senior employees live in several houses on reservoir property well below market rate, and the house near hiway 92 has a boathouse & boat for your use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    Fishing those closed areas is Poaching! No one here will condone that!!!!
    I think people here misunderstood what I was asking, I get that both bodies of water are closed for the most part(or apparently completely). What I was wondering is there any small part of either lake that might happen to sit on a part of the land that is open to the public..like a corner or something.

I was not and am not planning on trespassing as I'm not an idiot. Still frustrating to see that body of water and know what's in there, in hindsight it is probably better than opening it up to the public as they would ruin it for sure.

7. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishing those closed areas is Poaching! No one here will condone that!!!!
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

Post Thanks / Like

If you search the net there are lots of stories of people sneaking in there and catching monstrous trout. Being the internet, most of them are probably lies or hugely embellished.

If you want to find out I suppose you could sneak in there and see what happens. Not worth it to me, but I'm sure you wouldn't be the first to do it. I did read somewhere that if you get caught it is a specific charge other than fishing closed water or trespassing...because it is used for drinking water....I think you would wind up going to jail.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, they're closed

11. Likes Waterdog, BrotherWilliams liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any way to fish a part of Crystal Springs or Upper San Andreas Reservoirs?

Is there any part of either Crystal Springs or San Andreas Reservoirs where you can legally fish them? I have heard that Crystal Springs has monster trout, like 20-24 inches. If that was not frustrating enough I have heard that San Andreas Reservoir not only has those massive trout but also has land locked silver salmon. I've heard that Lake Pilircitos also has both landlocked steelhead AND salmon.

Does anyone know if there are any stretches of these that can be fished legally? If not does anyone at least have any experience of maybe sneaking in years ago or know someone who has? If I can't fish there I can at least dream!!! Fishing streams for wild trout and salmon is awesome but there is something special about being able to relax in a boat or float tube in good sized lake knowing that you have a shot at catching non hatchery trout or salmon. I don't even need to keep them, I would be happy doing barbless flies/lures only :))))