Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any advice for Folsom fron canoe?

Anyplace water runs into the lake is a good place to try whether it's one of the inlet rivers or a stream. Throw small spoons like a Kastmaster or a worm under a bobber. Since the inlets are clear, fishing salmon eggs like you would for steelhead will get large trout. Your canoe will be just to get you where you want to be at the inlets as you'll be fishing from the bank. The small streams can be fished from the canoe but with no recent rain or predicted that possibility is limited.

Post Thanks / Like

Like most I have never had great luck with Folsom but when it is the only game in town not much to lose. To try and paddle at 2.5 to 3 mph for any length of time could be tough. Instead try dragging live minnows at those same depths. The trout kings and also bass will all hit them if it gets in range. As they say any day on the water beats one at work good luck let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Folsom is fickle. Great paddle, but fish arent youre typical planter trout. There are some very nice rainbows that Id fish a Rapala or equivalent without flashers if you can keep 3+ mph pulling it. They also have some Kings that would like your setup if you can get it down 30-50. A trolling weight would work well for that.

Just a couple of ideas. Good luck, its a nice lake.

5. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToadLC View Post
    Wondering if dragging small flashers & Needle Fish or other type bait is a good bet.

Thanks,

Toad
    Im no expert out there at all and that lake kicks my butt every time I go out but I always have a good time... so give it a shot and see what happens?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Any advice for Folsom fron canoe?

Wondering if dragging small flashers & Needle Fish or other type bait is a good bet.

Thanks,

Toad