Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: San pablo reservoir help

Glad to read your report, sometimes that lake can be a great place and it looks like you had some family fun....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: San pablo reservoir help

Hello everyone,
    Sorry for the late report. My daughter and I had a blast today at the reservoir. We got on the water late today but that's okay today was her day. We got to the reservoir around 11 am she was hungry so we ate and then she wanted to play on the play ground so we did. Finally was ready to fish we got on the water around 1pm fished until 4pm all boats must be off the water by 4. Scow canyon and sandy point for only one bite and she had a good bite on her frozen fishing pole and that was it . But we had a blast so much fun that she wants to head back tomorrow so that's the game plan

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone who has help with advice I cant wait to take my little girl to the lake tomorrow. Thank you all so much I will report back

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you need to add weight to your line to get the lures down to a certain depth? I'll be bringing powerbait just in case things slow. I used to bass fish here a ton as a kid and we always did really well. Never done well with trout, but caught some catfish too.
    Hoping this weekend is a success either way!

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've caught trout at San Pablo Res on Mepps Aglia spinners, Wedding Rings, Needlefish, & small Speedy Shiners.

I would not be surprised to hear that the folks using baits (powerbait/gulp) may out catch us folks trolling at SPR.

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My buddy wants to go fishing here this weekend and rent a boat. I've never trolled before, so does anyone have any tips or recommendations on how to troll here? Any advice on lures to use as well? I know they just stocked, so hopefully we can catch a few fish!

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: San pablo reservoir help

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherWilliams View Post
    Believe it or not, the best day of fishing I had at SPR was springtime trolling with a lure called a "Flicker Spinner." Trout-killinest lure I ever used. Been around forever. Yakima Bait either makes or distributes them. Most reliable source is (surprise) Amazon.

Perfect for top-line trolling. Almost limited out. I never have, bit I but they'd be good jigs if you put a couple split shot right above on a swivel.
    I troll lures as well, seems to work for me, I have a ton of stuff in my "Wizzard's Cave".....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Much the same for me, I would buy a jar of Chartreuse Gulp instead of Powerbait in that color. It has worked for us over here as well as Orange Pulp Gulp. The gulp works because of the scent cloud around the bait and the plume of flavor that flows in the water. Gulp has a greater hit rate because of it. I have used many baits over the years and it seems to work the best...….Jetspray
    Believe it or not, the best day of fishing I had at SPR was springtime trolling with a lure called a "Flicker Spinner." Trout-killinest lure I ever used. Been around forever. Yakima Bait either makes or distributes them. Most reliable source is (surprise) Amazon.

Perfect for top-line trolling. Almost limited out. I never have, but I bet they'd be good jigs if you put a couple split shot right above on a swivel.
    Last edited by BrotherWilliams; 02-29-2020 at 11:34 AM.

14. Likes Jetspray, Ldubs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striper415 View Post
    I used to fish san pablo reservoir with my dad when I was younger. It's been probably about 15 years since the last time I've been . So I cant wait to return and fish the lake I am thinking of taking red worms for bluegills and mice tails and powerbait for trout . We'll see what happens
    Much the same for me, I would buy a jar of Chartreuse Gulp instead of Powerbait in that color. It has worked for us over here as well as Orange Pulp Gulp. The gulp works because of the scent cloud around the bait and the plume of flavor that flows in the water. Gulp has a greater hit rate because of it. I have used many baits over the years and it seems to work the best....Jetspray

16. Likes Ldubs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish san pablo reservoir with my dad when I was younger. It's been probably about 15 years since the last time I've been . So I cant wait to return and fish the lake I am thinking of taking red worms for bluegills and mice tails and powerbait for trout . We'll see what happens

18. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast