Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water

Quote Originally Posted by Legalbeagle View Post
    I have a lot of respect for rangers. One of them even gave me his personal cell when I alerted him to some snaggers.

Water managers do what they're told. Right now, the Federal Government is telling them to ignore that salmon spawn and foraging grounds, so we can send more almonds to Japan. Yeah, as a sportsman, I take that personally. I'd rather eat smoked salmon than almonds, so there's my opinion on that subject too.
    Actually eat salmon and almonds are healthy for you , but not for the Japanese market there not!Funny how the politicians , don`t tell us the farmers are selling the almonds to The Japanese . and not us, maybe that would tell a different song if the American benefited from the almonds?? . when the waters gone . it will be too late !

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Legalbeagle View Post
    I have a lot of respect for rangers. One of them even gave me his personal cell when I alerted him to some snaggers.

Water managers do what they're told. Right now, the Federal Government is telling them to ignore that salmon spawn and foraging grounds, so we can send more almonds to Japan. Yeah, as a sportsman, I take that personally. I'd rather eat smoked salmon than almonds, so there's my opinion on that subject too.
    I don't view things personally, but I can respect your opinion. I was probably overly frustrated, and on a rant. My apology, I expect most of us here are routing for the same outcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    I don't care if it's "Moonbeam don't fish", or "Orangutan In Chief can't read"; politics lead folks to chose sides. If it's someone they identify with, then they're right and the others are stupid. Doesn't matter which side. I just can't wrap my head around things where folks feel personally insulted.

One rant we get often get is Fish & Wildlife is stupid and just out to ruin things. Really??? Did they add a law to stop snagging specifically to insult an individual???? Do water managers release flood flows to intentionally kill salmon in the fall???? It's disingenuous in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we should be lucky we are not like the Pacific Northwest where they have gill net issues and a lot of water
    and fish . we in California have the Almonds, no water for the fish and a city that was built in the desert ,
    and still have no water or rain year in or year out!! is LIfe not GRAND!!!!

5. Likes Legalbeagle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care if it's "Moonbeam don't fish", or "Orangutan In Chief can't read"; politics lead folks to chose sides. If it's someone they identify with, then they're right and the others are stupid. Doesn't matter which side. I just can't wrap my head around things where folks feel personally insulted.

One rant we get often get is Fish & Wildlife is stupid and just out to ruin things. Really??? Did they add a law to stop snagging specifically to insult an individual???? Do water managers release flood flows to intentionally kill salmon in the fall???? It's disingenuous in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Do folks really believe some of the stuff they write? A good rant is always fun, but people do realize they're being ridiculous, right?
    Do folks really vote for reality stars who don't give a #### about the environment?

8. Likes DBoardfox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do folks really believe some of the stuff they write? A good rant is always fun, but people do realize they're being ridiculous, right?

Post Thanks / Like

I can remember recent years when the AR was raging during the Summer and trickling in the fall, when the salmon needed it. I've read several opinions on here that the AR lets out high flows first, then the Sac does later, all in an effort to stem the flow of salt water in the Delta, for the purpose of farming. Because the flow is gone in the Fall, waters temps go up and the salmon don't run--if they do, their eggs die. I can't verify that, but it sounds about right. Maybe someone can explain or correct that for me.

I grew up salmon-fishing the AR. I saw the salmon population explode, then disappear during the drought. Then we all saw the DFW blame fisherman and regulate and limit us to using Barbie poles and bobbers (so to speak). It's idiotic and insulting to blame the fisherman for the salmon decline, but then it's beyond insulting to screw those salmon again because Japan needs almonds. It's all my fault for using a long leader.

Post Thanks / Like

and lets no forget all the water that we use to Drink . and send to LA for there farms that our state has Campers pissing in it, ****ting in it and throwing old shared needles in it and that affects more than the fish coming into it to spawn and the Almonds . It affects all of our food and water period . How long before they see that!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefanoflo View Post
    Really sad how a Politician or a person that does not live on the state takes orders and info from a staff that knows nothing but one side on issue in the state . first off we don`t have rain which equals water . If the Framers get the water and for this year looks like a start of a dry year and we go 5 years gain we will be as bad if not as dry as Australia
    and what of the fires that ill happen this year and next . the state is in far more damage control that giving water we don`t have to farmers or fish! and I`m a fisherman that cares evenly!!! I do`nt favor one over the other because we need both , but not that many Almonds we don`t need !!!
    They could also cover/pipe the aqueductstopping evaporation. At Clifton ct, the aqueduct is huge, coming in to LA, it's a small creek. The state cant keep stealing water from everyone, taxing it, and then blaming everyone for a decaying ecosystem. Without food, we dont eat, so LA can have green lawns. Psh, give the farmers water and pipe the aqueduct.

The feds are also giving out money to start marking brackish water plants which is another solution.

In my opinion, CA is doing it's best to make it criminal to use water for survival, like farming and drinking, and taxing it while wasting it where ever they can (mainly talking about LA).

If it's the fish you are actually worried about, CA is doing their part through regulation to make fishing as unsustainable as possible...

Austrillas fires were also fuel by nearly 200 arsonist that were arrest for ARSON. Much of those fire were preventable. Evil in this world is everywhere and disguised.
    Find God, your gonna need him!

Captain of the Little Liberator.

13. Likes wckid liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast