Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pyramid in a Boat

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I’ve been going to this lake for years now and always have trouble dialing it in during the colder months. Guess it won’t be cold for much longer if at all. But the fish seem to turn off the bite for boaters during December-April until after the spawn. Just trying to get an idea if they are staggered, off bottom or hugging shore. Guess I won’t know til I try. Thanks again for the reply. Trying to get my wife on her first double digit cutt. We release all our fish as well.
    When I was there they where schooled up pretty tight. I would pick up a fish and quickly way point it then I kept working the way point. It got to a point it was a fish on every pass. Try doing that and you will get fish.
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

2. Likes JohnnyT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A buddy of mine was there a few weeks ago. Trolled for them in 30-50 feet and caught and released 16 fish. All over 24".

Good luck.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

4. Likes JohnnyT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Downriggers if you got em. 60ft & 30ft. Lymans. Drive like a maniac. Lots and lots of speed and direction changes. Get as close to the bottom as you feel comfortable. Closer the better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

6. Likes JohnnyT, Jetspray, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been going to this lake for years now and always have trouble dialing it in during the colder months. Guess it won’t be cold for much longer if at all. But the fish seem to turn off the bite for boaters during December-April until after the spawn. Just trying to get an idea if they are staggered, off bottom or hugging shore. Guess I won’t know til I try. Thanks again for the reply. Trying to get my wife on her first double digit cutt. We release all our fish as well.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did pretty well a couple weeks ago off my Hobie Kayak. I stayed in Warrior bay in 50 ft of water and fished 32 ft down on my little downrigger. Spoons worked really well. I ended up getting 11 fish to the net and lost another 8 more.
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

Post Thanks / Like

Pyramid in a Boat

Planning on hitting the mid this Wednesday with my wife and daughter. Usually do very well jigging but with a young child on board, trolling would be easiest. I know the shore guys out fish the boaters this time of year and I know it could be slow just trying to decide if I should top line close to shore or bring the down riggers and drop some Lyman’s?!! Any recent reports trolling would be greatly appreciated and I’ll report back after my trip as well. Thanks!

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post