Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dipbait vs Doughbait vs Cut bait

Thanks guys for the help on the baits! Keep the feedback coming!

Post Thanks / Like

At Camanche i have found that anchovies are the best possible bait to use. If you don't have anchovies then mackrel or worms. But the worms seem to get the smaller fish. I'l be up there this weekend camping and fishing for cats and trout.
    Dylan

timetofish

For Clearlake I've used old chicken parts with good results. For Berryessa if fishing near a creek inlet you can't beat some fat self-dug worms. Not the store bought ones. Don't ask me why but the cats seemed to favor the "wild" worms.

I landed a nice 9lber at Berryessa using Strike King's Dynabite Sausages last year within 15mins of throwing it out.

If a cat is hungry it'll eat just about whatever you throw at it.

Post Thanks / Like

For me nothing beats liver,clams, or cut makrel,in that order. My buddie prefers storebought stink bait and does well also though.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say I use both. I use sonny's, wicked sticky, bonkers and the dough type, I use dk's and luck #7. You can find it on catfish connection [url][www.catfishconnection.com/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Dipbait vs Doughbait vs Cut bait

Hey all. What are your suggestions for type of bait for lake fishing such as Sonoma, Clearlake, Berryessa, Amador, Camanche etc. this time of year? I would like to try dough or dip baits, but I haven't heard of anyone out west using them. What is a good kind to try? Blood, cheese, liver???

help please!