Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alaskan Campers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alaskan Campers

I'll "enhance" this post today with a few new, "Alaskan additions"......

I picked up the replys on another site...that led me back to cover some "old ground"

figured I'd ....check in
    new drawer storage

pulled out

opened

second insert

The drawer carrys 2 folding chairs, a folding smoker, an extention cord, a hatchet, stair blocks, shade cloth, bungees and tiedowns, rope, a table cloth with table clips for the cloth

It was built mainly to carry the smoker....nothing better than warm salmon or trout...fresh from the smoker...it's a "fold and smoke" smoker...stainless...in the black carrying case at the rear of the drawer
    Last edited by Rusty_Hooks; 02-13-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: photo addition

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve079 View Post
    Jeeeezzz, I never looked at the date. How time flies. Still, glad you made that post, and I'm glad that someone asked about the steps.
    + 1,just go's to show ya memories no matter where your at now are always part of us, an friends are still friends....an like you Steve,I'm glad he answered back.....Don

Post Thanks / Like

Jeeeezzz, I never looked at the date. How time flies. Still, glad you made that post, and I'm glad that someone asked about the steps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Hooks View Post
    Smogguy...thanks...I've been here before.....a while ago

got the picture updated...I'll have to get on another computer to get the drawer photos

I think I started this thread in 07 or around there....sometime ago

I just haven't been around....much
    LOL,yeah I know,should of said Welcome Back to our mess,leave it to me to leave a word out,must be why these goof balls never understand me......Don

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Alaskan Campers

Smogguy...thanks...I've been here before.....a while ago

got the picture updated...I'll have to get on another computer to get the drawer photos

I think I started this thread in 07 or around there....sometime ago

I just haven't been around....much

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rusty welcome to our mess,used to have one of those campers sittin on a 72 ford camper special wife an I went fishing/camping everywhere in it,sold it an went to a cab over,more room but tricky to drive,took out the overhang at the drive in movie in Stockton on hammer lane,had a lot of unhappy people in back of me,took over a hour to un wedge it.
    Oh yeah the good old days,LOL.
    Joe can help with any pics here it is a little convoluted.Ha.Take Care........Don

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not...this Alaskan was my grandparents...they bought it new, sold it to my sister and she sold it to me...about 15 years ago. I also have memories of this very camper and grandma and grandpa...

I've painted it to match the new truck...I see that pic has been corrupted or something...I'll replace it

It's a blast....had it up to BC a year or so ago.....It goes fishing a bit

Post Thanks / Like

So cool, thanks for sharing that RH!

My grandparents bought a camper just like that, but it was called an "ALCAN". Some years later, they were sent new name plates to put on it, as the name was an infringment on Canadian Aluminum, or something like that. From that point on, it was an "ALASKAN"

They put it on their 1960 Cheverolet 3/4 Apache, (which my Dad still owns), and then put it atop their new 1968 Ford F250, and drove the Alaskan highway in it. I still have the Wolverine pelt they brought back as a souvenir.

I was so lucky to spend a lot of time with them, camping and fishing all over California in that camper. I slept in the little hammock, that was above the dinette/bed. I used to love raising the camper, and putting in the cotter pins, and how you had to pump the handle for water. I never even noticed it had no toilet or shower.

Thanks for bringing back such great memories, we lost them both in the early 80's but my remembrances are as if it was yesterday....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Hooks View Post
    it was a trick and it took some thought but it worked out and still sits under the camper when she is loaded
    It's a great trick... looks perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings all...the steps were purchased from an outfit in Texas...best price...I modified a Harbor freight platform to fit the rear of the truck and engineered a stinger to extend the hitch to the rear of the steps. The steps were modified to close over the hitch extension and conform to the height restrictions from the platform to the bottom of the tailgate....it was a trick and it took some thought but it worked out and still sits under the camper when she is loaded.

When the boat isn't hooked up the light is plugged into the 4way and it adds a braking light...the tank to the left is the grey water tank for the Alaskan and it's hooked up when she's parked.

I've since built a drawer for the 6" on the left side of the camper...I'll see if I can figure out the new picture posting...it's been a while since I've been here.

Jetspray.....each time the camper is loaded, before the steps are installed I remove the plate and attach it to the back of the Alaskan...there are 4 nice Stainless screws there just for that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast