Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chain & PG&E 1/12/2008 Report [pics]

I think the white striper is a rare catch! 8-) Congratulations! :)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chain & PG&E 1/12/2008 Report [pics]

Jack,

Thanks for the ride, and thanks for getting me into my very first sturgeon. It was a blast. I was setup for some striper action so I didn't know if my 20lb mono line and leader would hold up. It got a little shreaded but brought it in just fine.

It was also my first time in that water down there so I appreciate showing me the landmarks that I hear about all the time on the sniffer. Also I really appreciate all the knowledge that you shared with this rookie. On your website and onsite. You know alot of fisherman have lockjaw when it comes to this. So I thank you once again.

Look forward to taking you out kokanee fishing when the time comes and repaying the favor.

Jon

------------DUKE--------------------- JON --------------------- BUSTER ----------------- TONI

1. I'm so ready to get my fingers pink...I can almost taste it.
    2. Fishing is my therapy.
    3. When all else fails....KISS it!

Post Thanks / Like

Chain & PG&E 1/12/2008 Report [pics]

1/12/2008 - Launched at Brannon Island with repogolfer at 6:30 am. We moved all over the delta using frozen shad and pile worms. Fished the PG&E plant for only a few nibble bites. We moved above Chain Island in 23' of water and it was on. I got a suicide takedown on shad and pile worms. It felt like a big sturgeon but it ran towards me and came off after a few seconds. Five minutes later Jon hooks into something big after a classic sturgeon pump. Turned out to be a 56" sturgeon that was quickly released without removing it from the water. Not much action the rest of the day except for myself hooking a rare 3lb white striper (Sacramento Pike-Minnow). Off the water at 2:00 pm.

Repogolfer’s Sturgeon in the big net:

Repogolfer with the fish on:

My catch of the day: