Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trolling bugs and Trolling Hairy Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Ken
    In regards to our hairy bugs, *we find that these bugs work best behind a dodger. *I prefer a nickle with blue prism tape dodger and a pink hairy bug. *As far as the hair matting up, yes it does lay down, but it was designed to hold scent longer on the bug. *When you tip these bugs with corn also dip the whole bug in your favorite sauce.
    Thanks for the tip on the best way to use this lure.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished today on Flaming Gorge and used a Pink Hairy Bug that ken had sent, I put Carp spit on it and It did catch fish . The wind was bad here so I can not give you a great report as it was only down for an hour or so but I think it is worth trying. It had good action Behind the Double Sling Blade Shasta Dodger's that I was using
    SockeyeSlayer

Capt.Ken

In regards to our hairy bugs, we find that these bugs work best behind a dodger. I prefer a nickle with blue prism tape dodger and a pink hairy bug. As far as the hair matting up, yes it does lay down, but it was designed to hold scent longer on the bug. When you tip these bugs with corn also dip the whole bug in your favorite sauce.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know anything about the new bugs either (perhaps he could hand some out for us to try?) but I've had good success with the Vance's bugs, Sockeye slammers, Kokanuts (Shasta Tackle), humdingers, spinners, Hoochies.

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked at the glow bugs on Ken's website. They look like they'd work. How well? Don't know. Never fished them. The soft hackles look like they might mat up and lose their billowy action if they got soaked in scent.. Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Trolling bugs and Trolling Hairy Bugs

With the rain limiting options, might as well shop and prepare for kok season. Anyone had any success with Ken's Custom Tackle hairy glo bugs? or just glo bugs? The hairy bugs, esp pink, look good and can hold some scent. I know Vance makes a bunch of bugs too. Never hear too much about bugs, most koks reported to be caught on hoochies. So I presume just having a bunch of colors and styles of hoochies are adequate. Thoughts?