Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Koke/trout reels?

Well I called Abu Garcia about adding a clicker & they said they can send me all the parts I need to install a clicker for $35 shipped. *I've looked up the part #'s online & they seem to be about the same price. *But looking at a 6500 sideplate w/ a clicker and looking at my 4600 sideplate...the only difference is a slot cut out for the button of the clicker on the edge of the sideplate..looks like its dremmel time. I imagine this is what they probably do at a reel repair shop. *Without having to buy the sideplate your looking at about $10-12 in parts....Later!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the SG17 Diawa for line counter reels.

By the way I spoke with Russ Faught at Fisherman's Friend in Lodi. He say's he can install a clicker on the newly designed reels. But he also said it is a major pain in the lower behind.

Russ has some MAJOR savings on other Abu reels.

His number down there is (209)369-0204

I hope this helps

Vance

Post Thanks / Like

Vance is that SG 17 or SG 47? I'm looking for a good lite reel.I bought a Convictor (sucks)last year & can't match it with a *light rod.I do own Garcia's.Just looking for something different.Calcutta's are pricey.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, I have been so busy selling boats that I must of missed a boat. *Abu changed the C-4 series??. *:-/ :-/

Not having clickers on my downrigger rods would be like tying one hand behind my back when it comes to comfort on the drop.

I use Abu C-4's or Diawa SG-17'line counter reels exclusively for trout and Kokanee. *I see no reason to spend more money for reels on those species.

My .02 cents

Vance

Post Thanks / Like

At the ISE show I was told that the newly redesigned Garcia C-4's only have clickers (line alarms) on the larger 6500 models. There is a chance that they'll add one later to the 5500 size reel. That's too bad because the C-4 in the 5500 size was a nice size for trout and kokanee trolling.. Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Just go with the Abu-Garcia series reel,your choice which model,great reel,and you don't have to trade in you first child to get one.if you want to spend some money,go with the Shimano "Calcutta" 50 and/or 100 series reels.can't beat'em!! $150.00 - $160.00 a piece.not cheap,but worth it.

Wkokaneeman <,+++"+++<
    Fishnetter. <,+++"+++<

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 4600 C4 ......

Quote Originally Posted by ArkyKen
    Maybe the new C4's have a clicker.A few years ago I ordered several from Russ in Lodi by phone and he added the clickers at a reasonable price.Gotta have those clickers w/ downriggers.Don't forget that he has the best selection of hoochies around too. ArkyKen
    The new ones I saw at Sportsmans Warehouse in the 4600 did not. I'll have to admit I did like the new design but I wanted to kep all my reels matched to the old model then everyone in the family knows how to use them.

Post Thanks / Like

Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 4600 C4 ......

Maybe the new C4's have a clicker.A few years ago I ordered several from Russ in Lodi by phone and he added the clickers at a reasonable price.Gotta have those clickers w/ downriggers.Don't forget that he has the best selection of hoochies around too. ArkyKen

Post Thanks / Like

Beast - As you confirmed the 4600 C4's do not have clickers and that is why I went for the 5600 C4 model last year and this year since they are included. You'll be happy with the C4 versus the C3 choce as there is a noticeable difference with that extra bearing in smoothness and feel of the reel. I also have the C3 model and added a clicker kit to it. I got lucky and found two more 5600 C4's for 59.99 from Sportsman's Warehouse closing them out after Christmas. They changed the models a bit this year and upgraded the drag but I've found the drag for the existing ones more than sufficent for trout / kokanee.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new 5500 with a clicker added at FF (and naturally accessorized it with a new rod :-X ), worked awesome today and I plan to add them to my other 5500 reels ASAP.
    I think he had told me it was about $10.75 to convert your existing reels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast