Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Koke/trout reels?

Just want to second what was said about Russ Faught, owner of Fisherman's Friend in Lodi. He put clickers on some older C-3 Garcias for me a few years ago. Did a nice job for a nice price. Kelseyville is a long way from Lodi. But you can mail your reel to Russ and he'll mail it back. Just have to decide whether the mailing costs are worth it. I'd be surprised also if the C-4 you bought doesn't have a clicker.. Larry

Post Thanks / Like

beast ,
    Don't be surprised if that C4 4600 shows up with a clicker ( line out alarm ) if it does not have one it will be a first or maybe they changed this years model . Had the clicker added to my C3's at Fishermans Whse in Sacramento . I see your in Kelseyville , any baitshop that does reel repairs and can order Abu parts can do that work . Believe I paid $10 a reel to have the clicker added , all they do is change out the side plate !

Tight Lines , Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.....thats why I decided to go with the C4, high speed 6:3:1, 30" per turn. Well that & the price was right...guy has another one listed on e-bay if anyone is interested, shipping is $7.50 but no sales tax, still by far cheaper than I could find even the C3 locally or on-line

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMBASSADEUR-4600...QQcmdZViewItem

LKTROR
    Post Thanks / Like

:) One thing to think about is the gear ratio of the reel. A reel that retrieves 30" per turn is better that 23" when you are trying to catch up to a Kok that just poped off of your release, more so when you are 50' or so deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Beast
    Contact Russ Faught at Fishermans Friend in Lodi.He can install a clicker for you at a minamal price.
    His number is 1-209-369-0204.His work is good.
    Also,he is a good source of information,on whats biting and where.
    Good Luck and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Post Thanks / Like

No, unfortunately I just got an e-mail back from the guy I bought it from and the 4600 C4's do not have a clicker :'(. I think 5600's & up do though. Oh well. Just curious has anyone had a clicker put on a reel...if so, how much? Can I just take it to a reel repair shop? Also I don't want the clicker full time, I want to be able to disengage it. My downrigger is mounted behind the drivers seat in my boat, the clickers sure come in handy when you can't watch your rod the whole time.

Post Thanks / Like

The Garcia C-4's all have clickers. On the otherhand, the C-3's only have clickers on the larger reels, like the 6500 and bigger.. Larry

Post Thanks / Like

thats a great price for that reel. you'll be satisfied with the performance i'm sure. like was stated earlier, you can get the clicker added for a nominal charge.

Post Thanks / Like

I went with the Abu Garcia Ambassaduer 4600 C4, got one for $54. Thanks for all the replies. Looks like a really nice reel.

Post Thanks / Like

Have always used the ambassadeurs they are reliable and not to expensive 40-70 dollars is worth it in the long run. They wear great are unmatched year after year.

Chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast