Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuller Lake 6/20?

Definitely go to Fuller. It's easy limits over there where everybody is telling ya. The water can be low or not, you'll limit easily. 2-3 feet leader with your egg sinker and rainbow or chartreuse powerbait. Oh! 4 pound line, no more than 6. You'll limit out in two hours. Should be less. The kid will have fun. I will give you the exact spot and everybody else who just chases the reports. Hopefully you won't be crowded out.

Park at the dam. Go across the dam to the other side where the trees are. Go half way between the point and the cove that's farther down. Set up right in this area and it'll be fish on. Do not be tricked by the numerous rising trout in the cove. Lots of snags in there and they don't bite as well on bait as the area I mentioned. Last note, keep an eye on the little one. There are small rattlers up there. Not many, but I have seen them from time to time. Not really enough to stress over, but better to know then be surprised. Have fun and get 'em hooked!

Post Thanks / Like

my 2 cents would be go to fuller, walk across the day, follow the trail a little and then cast out an inflated crawler on one rig and pb on another (sliding sinker rig w/ 4' leaders to keep the bait out of all that sea weed down there. i gotta believe you will limit out doing that. to keep things fun, you could toss out a gold 1/4 oz kastmaster with a third rig. good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfrink
    I'll PM you.
    Much appreciated, brother.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll PM you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfrink
    Grumulin,

...If you want to catch fish with your son you may try the Bear River below the meadow just past the Bowman exit on Hwy 20. *It's loaded with small rainbows. *Nothing to get to excited about, but your son should be able to pull something out of the water. *Good luck.
    That sounds good too...is there an identifiable parking area on 20 near the river, or is it off a side road?

Post Thanks / Like

Grumulin,

Spaulding bank fishing can be okay. I've caught a couple nice rainbows with worms off the bank. A guy caught a nice 3-5 lb brown off the bank using a crawler last summer. He was out left of the boat ramp a ways, over towards the dams. If you want to catch fish with your son you may try the Bear River below the meadow just past the Bowman exit on Hwy 20. It's loaded with small rainbows. Nothing to get to excited about, but your son should be able to pull something out of the water. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catcher_on_the_fly
    Took the long way home yesterday,stopped by fuller,was amazed at the level of the lake [smiley=sad.gif]it was down alot,they must be working on the flume. As of wed even. I dont think it was stocked yet,caught 1 small bow,the same size they planted last time. If your bank fishin it means that your sitting in the sun. [smiley=sad.gif] Water was warm,hope its still stockable. Lots of hatchings going on,bugs aplenty,good news for the fly guys,saw some tubers having trouble hooken em because the fish were so small,hope the next stock is bigger,wish they would stock some brookies,but they wont. Good luck Gromulin.
    Arrrrgh....so how low are we talking about? I'm going up a O'dark thirty, so I'm not too worried about the sun, and I can't see the water temp being above the stocking temp this time of year (hopefully...)

Any suggestions for a Plan B, in the general area, if I get there with the little Dude and it's a bust? Is the bank fiashing at Spaulding, near the parking lot any good? Any suggestions appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Fuller is where is learned to fish with my grandpa rex his dad took him there as a kid in the early days, good fishing. U[sets me a bit to see how over fished it has become along with the 5 dollar day use fee, bu ill always fish it. Catch some fish I always do well in my tube with coachmans and cyrtal buggers in the purple variety. right by the dam or the sandbar and inlet. Have fun ill be fishing up in Trindad on my birthday as well. Good Luck!!!!! Love to hear a report.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds a little grim.

Post Thanks / Like

Took the long way home yesterday,stopped by fuller,was amazed at the level of the lake [smiley=sad.gif]it was down alot,they must be working on the flume. As of wed even. I dont think it was stocked yet,caught 1 small bow,the same size they planted last time. If your bank fishin it means that your sitting in the sun. [smiley=sad.gif] Water was warm,hope its still stockable. Lots of hatchings going on,bugs aplenty,good news for the fly guys,saw some tubers having trouble hooken em because the fish were so small,hope the next stock is bigger,wish they would stock some brookies,but they wont. Good luck Gromulin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast